Author Topic: Bought a 65 plate 150D. Have I bought a lemon?  (Read 7931 times)

Offline Greenmachine

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Bought a 65 plate 150D. Have I bought a lemon?
« on: October 16, 2018, 07:47:26 pm »
I'm new to this forum and was reading some of the posts on this site prior to buying a  facelift 65 plate 150d sport manual with 32k miles. I bought the car nearly 3 weeks ago from a mazda dealership. During the test drive I noticed that there was a very slight off-on throttle hesitation. I thought it was my imagination but my wife also commented on it too and spoke to the dealer when i got back. He took it out but could find anything wrong. The other issue that I found was that there was excessive vibration at anything over 60mph. Immediately I thought the previous owner had never driven the car at this speed which in hindsight maybe not a good thing. Anyway, purchase day came and we picked the car up. Off we went, vibration fixed, lovely old job. To be honest I love driving the car but that joy only lasted 1 week. My wife came home about a week later and said she noticed a burning smell at the rear of the car. I had a look and the rear alloy was red hot. Ok I thought, looks like a seized caliper. Phoned the dealer and told them i was bring the car straight back and wanted a hire car until it was fixed. The car has now been in for 1 week, both rear calipers and discs have been changed but they also mentioned that the engine requires a decoke. I thought the days of a decoke were long gone but obviously not in the world of mazda. So, to cut a long story short my question(s) are; does the coking up of these engines cause any long-term damage to them and what exactly do they do to the engine in the decoke fix?

PS the dealership also said that whilst the car was already in it would be good to carry out a number of recall fixes. I asked the manager what they were for but he couldnt tell me. All he said was that they were made live at the beginnning of Oct.Anyone know what these might be for?

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2020
Re: Bought a 65 plate 150D. Have I bought a lemon?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:04:03 pm »
Checkout latest diesel concern thread in cx 5 section, reference latest recall, dont know if it will be applicable to you. We had tailgate struts changed early on in the year i think if not end of last year
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 08:27:32 pm »
The rear brake calipers with electric parking brake was a known issue which that will address with modified parts.

You can suffer with coking especially using supermarket diesel on shorter journeys but I wouldn’t let them strip it just yet. I’d try a can of BG244 off Amazon and give it a good run at higher throttle (not over 3-4000 rpm) and see if that makes an improvement.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 08:27:32 pm »