General Category > Car insurance

£1064 for Comprehensive insurance from Mazda...!!

(1/1)

Silver Bullet:
Hi, Having carried out extensive internet research and having test driven a number of Crossover vehicles I finally settled on the CX-5.  Prior to completing the purchase in November, I contacted my existing Insurance provider and was told the CX-5 would be cheaper to insure than my current vehicle (£449.00 for an 11 year old 2.0Lr turbo petrol). I also contacted Mazda Insurance who also told me the average cost of their comprehensive insurance was in the region of £350.00 to £450.00.
I collected my new SE-L Lux from the dealer on Friday last at which time I completed their 7 day free insurance and the salesman provided me with a printed quotation which, for some reason he could not explain, was in excess of £700.00..
Yesterday, in order to check the quotation, I went onto the Mazda Insurance web site and got a quote-- This time it was over £800.00 ?? Finally, I called the Mazda Insurance quotation line and gave the sales person the same details I had entered into their web site and was given a quote of £1064.00..  When I queried the high quotes and price discrepancies I was told I was most probably due to the area I live in, but strangely, when I put in exactly the same details into a well known "comparison" web site, by far the majority of quotations were for less than £400.00 for the same (or better) cover..     I ended up selecting a suitable policy for £350.00.. 
I have lived in the same quiet residential area for over 60 years & cannot understand why Mazda's underwriters (Zurich, who are based in Malta) would think it's a high claim area.. so, was this just a postcode anomaly on their part or have other members had a similar experience.  :(   The forgoing aside, It's a great car & I look forward to spending many happy hours behind the wheel.. 8)

rmvf:
I did the same last week got renewel and beat it with the same company but on comparsion site! madness but its what I will do every year from now on it was over 200 pounds per car as it was a multicar policy.

BigAl:
It may not be a meaningful comparison, but the insurance on my 175 sport diesel comes in at £670. It's on a small fleet policy (with a Lexus/Evoque/Golf), for business use, any driver with our permission provided they are over 25.

rmvf:
whooa! mazda renewel £300, quote on confused £193. well happy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version