Technical Section > Vehicle Electrics

Power

(1/3) > >>

Preload:
Has anyone installed a permanent power supply as I'm thinking of a front and rear Dash Cam?

Helijock:
I had a front and rear camera fitted by Halfords, but had problems with the cameras dropping off line. I took the car to an auto electrician who said the "hard" wiring by Halfords was only a splice. They carried out a real hard connection and it works fine now.

Willpower:
I have a Nextbase 622gw front and rear camera, also installed by Halfords.  This particular model comes with a piggyback fuse connector as an integral part of the hardwire kit.
You take out an always live fuse from the main fusebox, insert the Nextbase supplied hardwire cable, then reinsert the fuse, in the adapter. 
Works fine.   

Preload:

--- Quote from: Helijock on July 02, 2021, 08:53:46 pm ---I had a front and rear camera fitted by Halfords, but had problems with the cameras dropping off line. I took the car to an auto electrician who said the "hard" wiring by Halfords was only a splice. They carried out a real hard connection and it works fine now.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Helijock

Preload:

--- Quote from: Willpower on July 03, 2021, 12:03:26 am ---I have a Nextbase 622gw front and rear camera, also installed by Halfords.  This particular model comes with a piggyback fuse connector as an integral part of the hardwire kit.
You take out an always live fuse from the main fusebox, insert the Nextbase supplied hardwire cable, then reinsert the fuse, in the adapter. 
Works fine.   

--- End quote ---
So there is a permanent live in the fuse box.  I think I'll have one fitted as I do not like wires showing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version