Author Topic: Info about Mazda cx 5 headlights???  (Read 7653 times)

Offline altomfra

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Info about Mazda cx 5 headlights???
« on: March 14, 2019, 09:17:47 pm »
HI

This is my first post on the forum after becoming an owner of a Mazda cx5 2.2 150 sport nav.

After reading reviews on Internet I came across a common issue on forums of led headlight issues, but then to realise that the forums I were reading from were all from the usa. Only concern is obviously because these headlights are not cheap and the car is coming close to the 3 year's that owners starting having problems.

Just wanted to find out if this is common in the U.K market and has anyone had any issues here?

Any responses would be great and reassuring, or maybe not :/

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
Re: Info about Mazda cx 5 headlights???
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 06:48:55 am »
What's the concern?  I don't recall reading of any headlight problems, LED, xenon or halogen.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 03:24:26 pm »
I recall there being a lot of talk on the German forum regarding something along the lines of a foggy film building up inside of the lens. This wasn't condensation but more a change in the clarity of the plastic itself. From what I recall they were all exchanged under warranty.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline altomfra

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 06:57:23 am »
 No concern really. Had just caught my eye and just wondered if anyone in UK had any issues and have Mazda done anything to sort this out on new headlight they put on.

Offline Anchorman

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 05:56:22 am »
There are reliability issues but it seems USA heavy so maybe that is down to higher ambient temperature (led’s hate high temps) or maybe it is just sheer statistics due to how many are out there.  Whichever it is, you won’t get any new ones unless they fail, nobody knows if it applies to the new model yet which effects me and I can tell you I won’t spend a minute worrying about it until it happens.  If it does happen out of warranty, I’ll try for a gesture from Mazda and if I don’t get one I’ll have to cough up and feel bitter for a while.  Life is too short to worry about something that might not happen.  I reserve that for suspecting I’ve got cancer every time I notice something hurts when I press it.  Car - couldn’t give a monkey’s ;-)
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 05:56:22 am »