• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
Tps ?
« on: January 15, 2016, 05:41:06 am »
Hi, the tps light has now illuminated 4 times in as many weeks, each time I have checked tyre pressures,all ok, then reset the tps sensors.
Possibly another visit to the dealer?

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Tps ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 10:49:34 am »
The only time I've had that happen was shortly after a tyre replacement. Pressure was fine when checked. It settled down after a couple of weeks.

Alan

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 12:07:13 pm »
This might sound a bit daft - or maybe not - but it was something a VW technician suggested to me a good while back now when the same sort of thing was happening with my Touran. In hindsight it made sense because following his advice and parking my car somewhat differently it stopped happening.

Anyway, these tps things are very sensitive and parking the car so that one side is facing the sun will cause a pressure rise in the tyres facing the sun whilst those on the shade side actually decreases marginally. I actually proved this for myself when checking the caravan tyres when the van was in it's place of storage. One side of the van was facing huge roof light windows whilst the other side was in shade caused by the caravan parked alongside. Upon checking there was a huge difference in tyre pressures even though they had all been pumped and checked to the same pressure a short while before only this time on a rainy and dull day.

Back to the Touran - I was always in the habit of leaving it parked on the street during the lunch break with one side facing the sun. After stopping this lazy habit and putting the car in our underground garage the tps alarm was never to be heard again.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline ColinX-5

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 03:10:13 pm »

Anyway, these tps things are very sensitive and parking the car so that one side is facing the sun will cause a pressure rise in the tyres facing the sun whilst those on the shade side actually decreases marginally. I actually proved this for myself when checking the caravan tyres when the van was in it's place of storage. One side of the van was facing huge roof light windows whilst the other side was in shade caused by the caravan parked alongside. Upon checking there was a huge difference in tyre pressures even though they had all been pumped and checked to the same pressure a short while before only this time on a rainy and dull day.

Yes tyres should always be checked when cold, in the summer I check early morning 6 or 7, and you still need to check when you have tps

Offline Howard

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 05:57:43 am »
Thanks for the replies.
The tyre pressures have always been checked from cold.
Rest the tps system yesterday after rechecking pressures (no inflation required) traveled 490k home, still ok.
Will mention it when the car goes in for service and the gearbox problem again.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 05:57:43 am »