Author Topic: Electronic hand brake  (Read 2316 times)

Offline BigAl

• A CX5, a CX500B and a CX650C. Too CX'y...
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: Electronic hand brake
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 05:33:02 pm »
Either way he didn't seem too happy to be told what the issues may be

This seems to be a common problem, I ditched my last dealer partly because of this. They really don't like it when you know more than they do. I had a 6 week argument with them after they repaired the car from a rear impact over a clicking noise form the wheel. I told them several times that it was the wheel bearing, but they wouldn't listen. I even timed the noise relative to the road speed and did the calculation that proved it was happening once per wheel revolution (Yes, I'm that sad...). They changed it in the end and the noise went away.

Alan

Offline cmp999

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 08:59:13 pm »
A new caliper, brake pad set, seal kit and replacement disc is what you need to fix it properly!     

If this link below works, if not search the web for "New Calipers at 7,800 Miles! " - further down in the posts you can view the TSB although its not the latest version which is I believe RO52/16D

https://ww.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123860702-New-Calipers-at-7-800-Miles!

Spoke to the dealer today,
1 x disc
1 x caliper
1 x set of new pads

On the way from Mazda, booked in for next week so hopefully sorted. Only thing that bothers me is that if one is faulty then surely there is a high chance of the other side failing. Maybe Mazda are hoping that the car is out of warranty before it does!

Thank you for the advice anyway!

Offline WIZZ

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:45:04 pm »
Mine makes a bit of a sueal, as if it hasn't quite released. Is this part of the same problem ?

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:45:04 pm »