Author Topic: Chrome Side Window Trims  (Read 11725 times)

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
Chrome Side Window Trims
« on: November 10, 2016, 09:31:32 pm »
After coveting the ones that the Mazda 6 gets I've bought a set of stainless steel chrome strips for the side windows from Aliexpress and will be fitting them soon. I hope they will have the same effect as on other bigger cars with smaller side windows that makes them look larger. Here's a couple of pictures of the chrome strips;

They are thin gauge steel but feel good quality, I'm not so sure about the quality of the double-sided tape on the back so might use my own when I come to fit them to my CX-5. Of course now I can't decide how I'd like to go about trying them out!

All around the side windows?

Just along the bottom strip?

Or (not a great picture, admittedly) just along the top strip?

Anyone got any opinions?

Versatuner 175bhp map, H&R Wheel Spacers, Red Ambient Lighting, Sony XAV-AX100, Upgraded speakers, Leather Handbrake/Gearlever Gaiters + Armrest, Red Door Piping LED Interior/Exterior Lighting, Exhaust Tips...and about 50kg of sound deadening!

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
Re: Chrome Side Window Trims
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 10:32:03 am »
I don't care for them personally, but if you like them I think it's probably best to have them all the way round. If you just go top or bottom then you have to leave off the triangular one behind the rear door which might look a bit odd.

Offline ColinX-5

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:24:09 pm »
I like them very much, and would do them all the way round, was thinking of get them my self untill I saw the price !!!

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 05:48:34 pm »
After a busy few weekends I finally got around to fitting these today!
I've decided to go for the time being with the strips just along the bottom of the windows, I think they look really nice but are probably bordering on looking a bit tacky, so fitting them all the way around the windows could look awful.

Versatuner 175bhp map, H&R Wheel Spacers, Red Ambient Lighting, Sony XAV-AX100, Upgraded speakers, Leather Handbrake/Gearlever Gaiters + Armrest, Red Door Piping LED Interior/Exterior Lighting, Exhaust Tips...and about 50kg of sound deadening!

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 05:48:34 pm »