Author Topic: 2014 CX5 Problems playing IPod Touch  (Read 9474 times)

Offline rs99

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
2014 CX5 Problems playing IPod Touch
« on: March 26, 2017, 10:44:23 am »
Hi.
Wonder if anyone can help me or has the same problem when trying to use an IPod via the USB Connection.

1) compared to other cars it takes ages (5 minutes usually) to load and be ready for use

2) it doesn't play what the IPod was currently playing, it always plays the first track on the IPod

3) it doesn't play tracks in order that they should be (eg podcasts in chronological order), it just plays them in alphabetical order

Would be great to have this working as it should, like it does in other cars, for long journeys

Thanks

Offline Bert321

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
Re: 2014 CX5 Problems playing IPod Touch
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 07:09:53 pm »
Faulty bluetooth module, which controls the usb playback.  I had a new one fitted under warranty a couple of months ago.  There's plenty info about the problem on the net.  With the new module the ipod takes only a few seconds to load/play, and generally continues from the last track it was playing.  I say generally cos it doesn't remember which track it was playing if I'm playing a playlist.  It's fine with album, genre etc, just not playlists.  And the shuffle also always defaults to off every time.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: 2014 CX5 Problems playing IPod Touch
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 07:09:53 pm »