Author Topic: TomTom Nav Card Upgrade  (Read 7956 times)

Offline FireDiamondUK

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2013
TomTom Nav Card Upgrade
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:44:51 am »
When i bought my 2013 Sport Nav in January it came with the original TomTom nav card. I plugged it into the computer and updated it with the latest software updates etc... (but didnt pay for new maps). Since then i kept getting an error message saying there was a problem with the storage, also could not save any favorites and recent destinations kept disappearing which was a pain. I suspected the original nav card did not have enough storage.

Had a look on here and came across some info on using a normal SD card so decided to go for it. Bought a 16Gb Scandisk card with the highest speed i could find. I copied the files from the TomTom card onto my laptop. Before i copied them to my new card i put the new card into the car which loaded for a while then gave the normal no maps error messge you get if not card inserted or flap open. I then copied all the files onto the new card and used the TomTom software to update the files on the card. Stuck the card back in the car and now all working better than ever :)

No more storage error, plenty of space for as many favorites as i want and maps load much faster and system seems quicker in general. Not bad for £9 for the new card :D

Also while playing with the settings managed to turn off the infernal "do you agree" message that always came up when turning the system on, now loads straight to the map :)

Mazda CX-5 Forums

TomTom Nav Card Upgrade
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:44:51 am »