Author Topic: MZD-Connect map updates  (Read 47562 times)

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: MZD-Connect map updates
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2016, 09:46:25 am »
Sadly, with the MZD Nav system, there's no facility to feedback things like this. On the earlier models with the TomTom based system, you could log and feedback road changes, speed limit changes, etc, for inclusion in the next update. Yet another reason why the new system isn't an improvement on the old.

Alan

Offline Deepjoy22

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2016, 12:33:10 pm »
Having not used the earlier sat-nav system, I can only comment on the current system.

On a trip to Spain last year I found a road turn missing close to where I was staying.  I found that you can report items that are wrong on the 'here' web site so tried it - and found that in the Nov 2015 update it had been fixed (not saying it was down to my report mind you).

But the 'here' web site does appear to accept feedback - and I also found it useful to see if there were items that are wrong on my Mazda system which appear correct on the web version (indicating that it's just the update we are waiting for).

Hope that makes sense. 

Offline Dave

• IT challenged.
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 02:03:32 pm »
Having not used the earlier sat-nav system, I can only comment on the current system.

On a trip to Spain last year I found a road turn missing close to where I was staying.  I found that you can report items that are wrong on the 'here' web site so tried it - and found that in the Nov 2015 update it had been fixed (not saying it was down to my report mind you).

But the 'here' web site does appear to accept feedback - and I also found it useful to see if there were items that are wrong on my Mazda system which appear correct on the web version (indicating that it's just the update we are waiting for).

Hope that makes sense.

Interesting!  Was the missing turn on the Here map before you reported it?

The road I mentioned is on all maps. Here / google etc but not on the Mazda Satnav.

Offline Deepjoy22

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2016, 02:26:25 pm »
No - it was missing on the site and on the Mazda maps.  After Nov 2015 update it appeared on the update; and was then on the site when I went back.  I'm not saying that my report made the difference but if I do see something worth reporting I tend to log it if it's made easy enough. 

Doesn't excuse the lack of regular updates on the Mazda system mind you :-(

Offline Ant

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2016, 09:29:45 am »
Did anyone else have a problem logging in after the Mazda toolbox update? I downloaded the update and it asked me to log in with my email and password (I thought I logged in with a username previously?). Anyway, it said my password was incorrect so I clicked the 'Forgotten your password' option, entered my email address and it said the email address was not recognised. Ran out of time to resolve this morning but not sure now whether to re-register or try to contact Mazda to sort this out. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

UPDATE: I think the problem may have been use of capitals in my email address. I used capitals for the first letters of my name in my email address when registering but entered it in all lowercase earlier. I've just tried resetting the password again and it worked this time. Now getting the update but it's been stuck on "Preparing to download..." for a while...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:19:47 pm by Ant »

Offline Dave

• IT challenged.
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 08:24:58 am »
Did anyone else have a problem logging in after the Mazda toolbox update? I downloaded the update and it asked me to log in with my email and password (I thought I logged in with a username previously?). Anyway, it said my password was incorrect so I clicked the 'Forgotten your password' option, entered my email address and it said the email address was not recognised. Ran out of time to resolve this morning but not sure now whether to re-register or try to contact Mazda to sort this out. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

UPDATE: I think the problem may have been use of capitals in my email address. I used capitals for the first letters of my name in my email address when registering but entered it in all lowercase earlier. I've just tried resetting the password again and it worked this time. Now getting the update but it's been stuck on "Preparing to download..." for a while...

I logged on this W/E and have a message saying another map update is available, but I can't connect to the update server - I keep getting a server error message.

Offline ColinX-5

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 09:38:22 am »
I have the same problem , been trying to sort it for 3 days now, if you find an answer please let use know. By the way what is the email address for this sort of problem ?

Offline Ant

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 12:04:52 pm »
I haven't been able to update the map software since I posted the message above on 20 September because of a "server error". I contacted Mazda through Facebook and they gave me number to call 03457 484848 - I think it's Mazda's UK customer care line. Rang them this morning and was told that there are issues with Mazda's European servers that they are aware of and are working on. The lady I spoke to said she will email me when there is an update.

Shame Mazda's don't update themselves automatically like Tesla's do...with entire system updates!

Offline ColinX-5

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 01:17:29 pm »
Thanks for leting us know, i wondered if that was the case.

Offline Ant

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2016, 12:01:54 am »
I tried updating the maps today and it worked fine. Seems the server error is fixed now.

Offline p38cyq

• Belgium
  • Colour: Machine Gray
  • Engine: 2.5L
  • Year: 2022
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2016, 08:34:26 am »
Which update (s) did you receive?

I understand that august (3Q2016) is the latest one.

Offline Ant

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2016, 09:28:37 am »
Sorry, I didn't note the version. I'll check later and let you know.

Offline kroma

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2016, 02:09:53 pm »
I've just attempted to install the latest update that people are talking about (I did one at the start of September which was the November 2015(!) map).  Unfortunately, there is no newer update available to me.

Is there really an August 2016 map available?

Kroma

Offline Ant

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2016, 04:47:29 pm »
How do I tell what map version I have? The download I did yesterday took between 1 and 2 hours but the SD Diagnostic in the toolbox says "Map of Europe 2015 Q4 Expiration 01.08.2018"  ???

Offline Psythepie

• Colour: Reflex Blue
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2016, 01:00:55 pm »
Just checked for updates & Mazda toolbox is telling me that my connected services are expired. Trouble is I purchased 3 years worth in January & the SD card diagnostics shows an up to date subscription, I can't proceed with anything however & the only options available to me are 'renew' which takes me to a purchase screen or' later' which opens a screen with a button that allows me to check for updates, this takes me back to the screen that tells me I've expired. Aarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2016, 01:00:55 pm »