Author Topic: HELP PLEASE !!!! Electronics going crazy SCBS - Keyless sytstem inspection+more  (Read 3926 times)

Offline SmileyT

• Hiding from the wife somewhere !!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Aluminium Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2013
Hi, we have had our CX-5 2013 2.2 AWD NAV for 8 years now without so much as a blip.
Yesterday whilst on the motorway, the SCBS and Keyless system inspection warnings illuminated. At the same time the centre console started playing up. The car drove fne and got us there and back.
This morning I disconnected the battery for 20 mins, checked the terminals and cleaned up / new vaseline etc., disconnected the earth flylead, cleaned with electrical cleaner nd reconnected.  The battery (Varta) is only 3 months old.

Today we set off and had no warnings. Then after about 3 miles, the warnings came back on. When we parked up I could not open the tailgate, amber locking lights have stopped working and now the fuel gauge has gone to empty  even though I filled the car yesterday.
Dash continues to play up flashing on and off.

Anyone had theirs go into complete metdown before? Car continues to drive fine. Windscreen has no chips and is clean where all the sensrs are.

Thanks in advance

Offline BigAl

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Not an expert in the warning codes, but I do know that what appears on the dash can be totally unrelated to the actual problem. I've seen some similar posts on the CX5 Facebook group about similar things happening and, given the age of the car, I'd suggest it could be to do with soot accumulation or DPF issues. Worth getting or borrowing a code reader to see what faults come up.

Mazda CX-5 Forums