Author Topic: DRLs and handbrake application  (Read 11438 times)

Offline MuddyPaws

• I ASPIRE TO BE THE PERSON MY DOG THINKS I AM
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
DRLs and handbrake application
« on: September 01, 2018, 09:52:56 pm »
I have a 2014 manual/diesel. When I apply the handbrake the DRLs go out. What is the purpose of this? In stop/start traffic I’m sure the car in front thinks I’m some kind of idiot turning my lights on and off.
Has anyone out there by-passed this action by hard wiring the handbrake switch, or fixing it in the handbrake off mode? Where is the switch that does this located? Would there be any other consequences of doing this?
Thanks

Offline Anchorman

• Body: SUV
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
Re: DRLs and handbrake application
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 11:24:06 pm »
I have a 2014 manual/diesel. When I apply the handbrake the DRLs go out. What is the purpose of this? In stop/start traffic I’m sure the car in front thinks I’m some kind of idiot turning my lights on and off.
Has anyone out there by-passed this action by hard wiring the handbrake switch, or fixing it in the handbrake off mode? Where is the switch that does this located? Would there be any other consequences of doing this?
Thanks

There is no switch. It’s done by the body control module. The later models have auto hold which they assume the driver will use but the handbrake suggests you are leaving the car. Don’t worry about the car in front, he won’t be worrying about you.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline MuddyPaws

• I ASPIRE TO BE THE PERSON MY DOG THINKS I AM
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 08:25:03 pm »
Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean: How is a mechanical movement turned into the supply or non-supply of electricity by electric cables, if not through the use of a switch?

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 08:25:03 pm »