Author Topic: 2014 CX-5 2.2D AWD Nav  (Read 5030 times)

Offline MrBiggles

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Stormy Blue Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2014
2014 CX-5 2.2D AWD Nav
« on: October 29, 2021, 03:56:35 pm »
Afternoon all!

I joined the world of Mazda a couple of weeks ago. We bought a 2014 CX-5 2.2D AWD and it was a dream to begin with.

About a week into ownership, once the car was warmed up after a long journey. I was sat at a red light and when I pulled away, I thought I was in 4th gear as the car really struggled, juddered and I thought it was going to stall. I quickly went to put it into 1st... but it was already in there! So now when the car is warmed up, it does this in every gear unless I am above 3500rpm. If I am below that and put my put down, the car shakes uncontrollably until it seems to regain power and is smooth again.

I also had "SCBS Inspection Required" and "TPMS Inspection Required" pop up today but since turning the car off, it hasn't returned. I know they are unrelated as the first is the auto braking system (?) and the other is type pressure.

I have 3 months parts and labour but want to take some info to the dealer.

I am thinking:

- Flywheel / Clutch issue
- Bad/Failing Spark plugs
- MAF Sensor issue

Any previous experience or questions you have to help get answer would be amazing. This is the new family car for my partner so it needs to be working correctly.

Thanks in advance :)

Offline hovis

• it's wet again
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2021
Re: 2014 CX-5 2.2D AWD Nav
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 05:27:00 pm »
sounds like first turbo trouble, (has two) do a search on here for turbo, should bring up some info. could also be carbon build up
 won't be sparks plugs as diesel doesn't have them!

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: 2014 CX-5 2.2D AWD Nav
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 05:27:00 pm »