Author Topic: Traffic Announcement not working  (Read 13771 times)

Offline RobertAl

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Traffic Announcement not working
« on: March 12, 2016, 09:36:52 am »
I have just got a 16 plate Sport Nav, In my old car (not a Mazda) the traffic announcement cut in frequently on the radio, I have yet to hear it in 3 days is there a way to set it up (it is turned on on the FM & DAB radio screens as in when you highlight the TA in a square in the centre of the lower screen is says on) The main car user manual for the all singing and dancing entertainment system / sat nav is not very comprehensive, much more info about lower models of system.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:14:19 pm by RobertAl »

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Traffic Announcement not working
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 09:54:55 am »
I don't think it works that way, but if you look in traffic on the nav page a list of incidents will be shown.

This list grows from what I'm told to many more when a Wi-Fi hotspot is connected, I recently checked it for myself and the list did increase by hundreds.

I only got my car last Nov so I'm still learning myself. I think the old TT was overall a better system.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline RobertAl

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 11:52:38 am »
Thanks, I thought it would be the same as the Traffic Announcement system in my Nissan and, Audi & Vw previously where it interrupts the Radio / cD and you get the local BBC (scotland in my case) traffic news being played (Same name so same functionality I thought). It was a good system and has saved me being stuck in quest a few times.Much as I like using the Sat Nav, when I'm going to places I regularly go to I don't use it so the car sits with the radio on or IpHone playing music through the USB.

Offline Ant

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 03:36:56 pm »
I get TA's over the radio by doing what you've done - turning TA on via the button at the bottom of the screen in the centre. With that option highlighted, the radio cuts to a local traffic announcement every so often.

I think the live traffic information through wifi/connected services is a separate system.

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 04:03:42 pm »

I think the live traffic information through wifi/connected services is a separate system.

That would make sense. I don't have WiFi in my car on indeed the Nav system but get traffic information from certain stations that broadcast the necessary info over and above the usual traffic info that may be part of the half-hourly news and weather report etc. For this the TA button has to be pressed and even then will only work when actually tuned in (listening) to a station that broadcasts TA. What I find annoying is that if the TA cuts in with an announcement of an accident on the motorway whilst my journey is overland, pressing the Cancel button either on the screen or via the Commander Wheel doesn't appear to do anything.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline RobertAl

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 05:13:40 pm »
I'm still not getting any traffic announcements from this system >:(, poor compared to the Nissan nav and entertainment system for this function but atlas you can update the maps yourself (Nissan charged 180 each time!)

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 05:13:40 pm »