Author Topic: Retro fitting - Auto Folding Mirrors & auto closing Windows  (Read 14905 times)

Offline Sivvo

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Retro fitting - Auto Folding Mirrors & auto closing Windows
« on: February 20, 2016, 10:54:22 am »
We've just picked up our almost new 2015 facelift 2.0 petrol Sport Nav, Soul Red CX5, the only thing non standard was the stone leather upgrade, the car has folder mirrors but I'm curious to know if the auto folding on lock can be retro fitted, I've also had cars in the past the closed the Windows on lock..  Has anyone else had this feature added ?

Had the car cx5 two days now, really enjoying the high up driving position, light steering , gadgets galore ????, having just traded my Mini Cooper S convertible it's like a whole new world

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
Re: Retro fitting - Auto Folding Mirrors & auto closing Windows
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 11:18:38 am »
Yes there is an 'Auto folding mirror kit' available - see here http://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/accessories/mazda-cx-5/2015-01/comfort-utility/C850V7650A/ but as to the windows auto closing - no, I don't believe this feature is available as standard or as an accessory. Shame really as it's also one of the things that I miss from my previous vehicle. A long press on the key fob lock button and all the windows closed (if you'd forgotten) along with the doors.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline Ant

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 03:41:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, as Deeps says, the auto fold mirror kit can be fitted retrospectively. My car went back to the dealers to have it fitted a couple of weeks after I picked it up. My dealer charged just under £100 for supply and fit.

I'm also unaware of any automatic window close function for the CX-5, which is a shame as I had this on my last car - VW Golf - and the one before that, a 1st generation Mazda 6 Sport. Very handy to be able to open the windows on a hot day as you approach the car or close all of them as you walk away if necessary.

I did read about a couple of people who returned to their cars to find them locked but with all the windows open though. The result of an inadvertent long press on the key fob button and then the car automatically locking itself after 30 seconds! These features can have their downsides!

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 03:48:25 pm »

I did read about a couple of people who returned to their cars to find them locked but with all the windows open though. The result of an inadvertent long press on the key fob button and then the car automatically locking itself after 30 seconds! These features can have their downsides!

If you're still referring to the Golf here, then yes, I experienced the same with my VW Touran. Woke up on morning to find all the windows down although the key was on a shelf in the caravan and not touched at anytime during the night. A 'Google' a few days later highlighted the fact that this was not an isolated case although I never found a solution to the problem and of course the dealer had never heard of such a thing.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 04:19:34 pm »
In the 4.5 years i had the Audi i probably used the all windows down function twice, its nice to have but not somthing high on my priority list.

Back then i played with Vagcom to alter settings via the laptop.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline Sivvo

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 11:44:26 pm »
The system we used to have on a shogun , didn't offer the window open feature , merely a full lock down with one short press of the alarm/lock button... Doors lock, mirrors fold and Windows / Sunroof close tight, the unlock was merely an unlock of the doors.... I'm pretty certain I heard the dealer stating th motors etc were of course already there , it was the alarm system that gave the instruction to close everything. I lost count of the amount of times I turned off the ignition only to see two windows half open ???? I'll mention it at the dealers when I check on the folding mirrors

Offline G.L. Bianchi

• Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 04:02:41 pm »
If someone wants do do it here is a link to the German CX5 forum how to do it. It is in German but use Google translate if you want.

http:/www.cx5-forum.de/f10/anleitung-automatisch-anklappbare-spiegel-1560.html

Mazda CX5 Anklappbare Spiegel v3.pdf this is the handout.

Regards.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:27:20 pm by Willpower »

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 04:02:41 pm »