Author Topic: USB issue with folders / music  (Read 8849 times)

Offline jonybravo78

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
USB issue with folders / music
« on: October 15, 2016, 08:33:36 pm »
I found an old mini USB stick today, I remembered that it had a load of old music on, so I thought I'd put it in to the USB slot in the arm rest.

It recognised the USB no problem, but it couldn't display the various folders that the music had been categorised in to, on the USB

Instead it displayed an A-Z of the entire play list

Is there a work around? Surely being able to read folders is quite a simple task....

Offline RAB2000

• Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Model Grade: Sport
Re: USB issue with folders / music
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 02:24:17 pm »
Similar issue here.  Just purchased a 16 GB USB and tried a few albums on it.  It works at least but my issue is that the best I can do is selection by album name.  Ideally I'd like to select artist then album.  So I guess my issue is similar.  Thanks!

Offline MikeTB

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 11:38:48 pm »
The USB on the CX5 seems to have issues.
I have the DAB add-on installed, which is plugged in to the USB connection.
It has been a waste of money. Most times it does not work at all. removing the plug and plugging in again a few time eventually gets it working, but not always for long.
I managed a few days ago to keep it working for a whole journey, but the DAB worked less than half the trip.
a £50 Halfords DAB radio in my old car worked for well over 90% of a similar route, plus could switch to FM when DAB was not available.
My dealer has told me that Mazda no longer offer the add-on for the CX5, and offered to remove it.
Next time they have the car I will ask them to remove it.

Offline Simon321456

• Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:31:57 am »
It won't show up as as folders unless you build the USB device to the specifications that the system uses

Ie, if you just chuck a load of tracks onto a USB stick without creating the right tree, you won't be able to view by folder

What the USB feature DOES do, providing all of your tracks have the right gracenote and tags; is allow you to view by artist and by album, or by track name etc. For me, it works flawlessly, as I'm able to choose artist > album - I can't think why anyone would need more granularity than that?

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:31:57 am »