Author Topic: Traffic Announcements not working, region lock, CX-5 2015  (Read 9258 times)

Offline jimroche

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Traffic Announcements not working, region lock, CX-5 2015
« on: August 07, 2017, 03:07:16 pm »
Hi All,

Just seeing if others have noticed similar issues with the radio on the new CX-5.

From day one, I've never been able to receive local radio TA announcements on the radio.  All my previous cars have scanned for traffic broadcasts in the background and when a local station (or national for that matter) is broadcasting, the radio will switch over and play the TA.  With the Mazda, I\ve never had the TA interrupt a station to play a broadcast.  On the very odd occasion, if I'm listing to BBC radio and a TA comes on, the volume will increase and it will indicate that a TA is in progress but it will never change station to play one.  I've checked and triple checked that I have TA turned on (as it can be confusing with the current controls) and with the indicator either RED or White, the result is the same.

At the same time when I'm listening to an FM station and have the AF and Region Lock both switched on, the radio will still automatically tune to another FM station in a different region and will often start swapping between the original and new station every couple of seconds to drive me mad.  On multiple occasions it will even play both stations at the same time... that is really unique!

Has anybody else had similar problems?  The MZD connect system is using the 56.000.2 software.

Thanks,
Jim

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
Re: Traffic Announcements not working, region lock, CX-5 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 04:44:48 pm »
Jim,

The TA announcement volume is completely independent of the radio volume, it could be that the TA volume is set at zero? You can alter the TA volume with the normal volume controls whilst the TA is playing but that's a short period of time to react and alter it. Otherwise, there is a slider on the audio settings menu that allows it to be changed as well.

Your software is also out of date, current version is 59.00.502.

Alan

Offline jimroche

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 05:32:47 pm »
HI Alan,

Thanks for the feedback.  Yeah, I've manually set the volume for the TA in the settings panel and that is why I suspected that it was picking it up on the BBC station I was listening to since the volume significantly altered.

I will try to convince my dealer to upgrade the software during my service later this month, although I know how reluctant they are to do since it takes so long for them.

Cheers,
Jim

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 05:32:47 pm »