Author Topic: Connected Services False Positives [MZD-Connect]  (Read 7837 times)

Offline M1nty

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Connected Services False Positives [MZD-Connect]
« on: August 07, 2018, 01:24:34 pm »
Hi

I've had my Connected Services subscription for a couple of years and have only recently experienced my MZD-Connect SatNav re-routing me because of traffic that is displayed on the map & in the traffic list but doesn't exist in reality

Updating the in-car software (c/o the Dealer) & SatNav map has not fixed and it's surely (Shirley ;D) nowt to do with my smartphone (Android HTC One M8)

Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers

Jez
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:27:31 pm by M1nty »

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Connected Services False Positives [MZD-Connect]
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:41:28 pm »
I had issues with my HTC M8 on both my CX's, one with the TomTom system and one with MZD. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, there was no obvious pattern to it. It got a bit better when I went to a Samsung S8, but by that time, I'd given up with the connected services, got a full refund for the 3 years from Mazda and started using Waze on my phone instead as the main sat-nav. (I mostly keep the inbuilt one on in 2D mode to see where I am in context to the surrounding area.) For a free app, its brilliant! Far faster that the inbuilt one for routing, very up to date and it's collaborative - it's kept up to date by users.

Alan

Offline m0bov

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 09:27:13 am »
Hi, how do you obtain updates? Do you need to register with car with Mazda with proof of ownership or something?

Offline Southern Teuchter

• Old enough to know better Young enough not to care
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 02:05:48 pm »
I had issues with my HTC M8 on both my CX's, one with the TomTom system and one with MZD. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, there was no obvious pattern to it. It got a bit better when I went to a Samsung S8, but by that time, I'd given up with the connected services, got a full refund for the 3 years from Mazda and started using Waze on my phone instead as the main sat-nav. (I mostly keep the inbuilt one on in 2D mode to see where I am in context to the surrounding area.) For a free app, its brilliant! Far faster that the inbuilt one for routing, very up to date and it's collaborative - it's kept up to date by users.

Alan

Completely agree about Waze.  I've used if for 10 years+ (long before Google acquired it).  It was the main reason I upgraded MZD to support Carplay - to be able to use Waze on the larger screen.
Now: Maxda CX-5 SE-L Lux Nav 150ps 2WD Manual : Soul Red
Prev: Toyota RAV4 2.2 D-4D XT-R 140ps 4WD Manual : Black

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 02:05:48 pm »