Author Topic: availability of spare parts  (Read 11527 times)

Offline Rkjones

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Zeal Red Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2014
availability of spare parts
« on: September 07, 2016, 03:28:24 pm »
I own a cx5 and my wife owns a Mazda 2 sport. The mazda 2 went in for a service in March and  a leaking shock absorber was found. I was told that it was safe to use, but they would have to order the replacement parts. I was not very pleased when I found that it would take several weeks to obtain these parts. In early August I had a letter informing me that a recall had been issued on my CX5, so I arranged a convenient time for me to take the car in. I live about 40 miles from the garage and left the car with them to deal with the problem while my wife and I went to do some shopping. On arriving back at the garage  I was greeted with the unwelcome news that they had run out of the necessary components and were unable to carry out the work. I then insisted that they send a driver to pick up the car to avoid me having to do the journey. A date was arranged for 5th September for this to happen.
However, at about 9am on that day I received a call informing me that they had cancelled the collection of my car as they still had not received the replacement parts from Mazda. As you can imagine I was not very pleased about this, and  so have decided that I will not be purchasing another Mazda vehicle, although I had already made enquiries about the CX3 as my CX5 is now 3 years old.
I would add that I always found the staff at Magna Mazda, Poole, to be very helpful and friendly, and I feel that the problem lies with the Mazda company and not with staff at Magna Mazda.

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: availability of spare parts
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 07:11:06 pm »
I think you will find that all companies keep low stocks.
I had my car in the garage for over a week awaiting a replacement Vacum pump, but a loan car was provided.

I wasn't very happy as the car was on a "campaign" rather than a recall, and i also put the car in for a service expecting the campaign part to be in stock and fitted while being serviced.

To be fair the pump would only be changed if premature wear was found, which was the case for me.

I did get some compensation as replacing the pump requires a oil and filter change, which reduced my bill by over £60.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »
I can't remember if it's on here somehwhere or on mazda 3 forum, but I can remember a new parts warehouse opened this year to help battle the long waiting times and pretty central in england too. Obviously it can't be stocked enough yet.

Found it

http://www.motortrader.com/motor-trader-news/automotive-news/mazda-dealers-get-improved-parts-delivery-uk-warehouse-17-02-2016
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:58:10 pm by rmvf »
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »