Author Topic: Oil Levels  (Read 64658 times)

Offline Anchorman

• Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2018
Re: Oil Levels
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2016, 09:59:29 am »

This is still very much on topic with this thread.

That is a matter for conjecture.   "Oil Levels" is generally something associated with lubrication of either engine or transmission and is not immediately considered when discussing the vagaries of DPF's 

In view of the multiple issues surrounding the Diesel variants and of course the DPF, I have created a child board here.   http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?board=55.0

Perhaps you might consider starting a dedicated topic relating to DPF's  as there have been in the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 forums.

Please continue any further discussions on these subjects in this new area.

Actually, no, it is a matter of fact.  How do you know that my next comment doesn’t tie together the relationship between oil level and DPF until I’ve written it?   P.M. sent.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 11:06:35 am »
The new Child Board has been created to assist, by keeping relevant postings, specifically those concerning Diesels & DPF's,  in a more convenient location so that members can follow a thread without it being diluted amongst other topics with much broader titles. 

This way those members with Diesel variants will be able to target this area for information, which perhaps members with Petrol variants might not choose to be interested in.

Oil Levels in respect of Petrol engines, does not have any relevance to DPF's

Offline Alex

• Retired and loving it. Every day is a Saturday!
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2016, 02:12:28 pm »

This is still very much on topic with this thread.

That is a matter for conjecture.   "Oil Levels" is generally something associated with lubrication of either engine or transmission and is not immediately considered when discussing the vagaries of DPF's 

In view of the multiple issues surrounding the Diesel variants and of course the DPF, I have created a child board here.   http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?board=55.0

Perhaps you might consider starting a dedicated topic relating to DPF's  as there have been in the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 forums.

Please continue any further discussions on these subjects in this new area.

So off I go into the new area/thread and see it is locked although the opening post suggests "Please use this area to discuss any specific issues with the Diesel variants and the associated Diesel Particulate Filter."

Is it me?
If it wasn't for pick-pockets & frisking at airports, I'd have no sex life at all .................Rodney Dangerfield.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Watching events
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2016, 02:23:30 pm »
That is a place marker.  If you have anything to ask or to offer, please start a new topic.  :)

Offline Alex

• Retired and loving it. Every day is a Saturday!
  • Colour: Reflex Blue
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2016, 02:29:24 pm »
That is a place marker.  If you have anything to ask or to offer, please start a new topic.  :)

OK but wasn't very clear. I'll probably get lost in the diversions re the subject in any case. Suspect the new topic will go off on a tangent as well though.
If it wasn't for pick-pockets & frisking at airports, I'd have no sex life at all .................Rodney Dangerfield.

Offline Willpower

• Administrator
  • Watching events
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2016, 02:40:06 pm »
As it could be construed as misleading, that guidance post has been removed to save any confusion. 

The area is the same as any other on the forum and is just awaiting population by members offering advice or asking a question.  The only difference is that it is specifically provided for Diesel owners and the unique problems with Diesel vehicles and DPF's.  :)

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2016, 02:40:06 pm »