General Category > Consumer Reviews

CX-5 = big disapointment

<< < (3/3)

Jackerello:
Well guys I've bitten the bullet and traded it in. Took a bit of a hit in the wallet dept.
I really wasn't intending to compare the CX5 with a 330 D, as they are chalk and cheese.  My mistake was thinking I needed an SUV and not thoroughly road testing it first.  The CX5 was crammed with kit and on paper was the perfect car, but coming from a 330D I realised it wasn't even close
I've bought an Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro.  The remap I bought for my CX5 is having the software re written so once put on the Audi should be close to 300 BHP
Cheers guys

FireDiamondUK:
I hope you don't boring cars then. I'm sure the Audi will do a decent job for what you want but find all of their newer cars sooooo very boring. Last good car they made was the Mk1 TT (which i have as my second car) and it was the last car they actually put any kind of "soul" into. The rest since then has just been a depressing range of cars that are boring to drive and boring to look at.

I am very surprised you came out of a BMW, into a Mazda and criticised the ride comfort. BMW's as a general rule have a very hard punishing ride, especially on run flat tyres. Feels like they are going to break your spine at every pot hole :) I am waiting to pick up my CX-5, however the couple of test drives i have done in them i found the ride a very good compromise between decent comfort and decent road handling which not a lot of SUVs can pull off... All the ones i have driven so far have been Sports with 19" wheels

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version