Technical Section > Bodywork

Auto Folding Door Mirrors

(1/5) > >>

davcas:
Anyone know if its possible to change the settings on the car so the door mirrors automatically fold when the car stops and closes down instead of having to use the manual twist of the button?

BigAl:
If there is, I've yet to find it and I've had mine since August 2012... It would be a useful addition, though, and would probably only need a software mod.

Alan

AndyC:
Its easy, but costly. Mazda sell you a kit for around £70 excluding fitting. Look on their website under accessories.

twabrigs:

--- Quote from: AndyC on June 19, 2014, 09:19:43 pm ---Its easy, but costly. Mazda sell you a kit for around £70 excluding fitting. Look on their website under accessories.

--- End quote ---

Interesting - hadn't spotted that option. Any idea how long it takes to fit, ie. likely labour time? Does the kit consist of a couple of bits of wire and an instruction book or something more complex?

twabrigs:
Bit bullet and just paid £125 for dealer to fit the auto folding kit (parts, labour, VAT incl). Now the mirrors fold when you lock the car, and unfold when you start it up.

I think it's great, and almost worth the £125. My wife isn't speaking to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version