Technical Section > Interior Lighting

Driver Door Mirror & Window Switch Illuminated or Not?

(1/3) > >>

Pirate983:
Hi all. Picked up my new CX5 Sport couple of weeks ago and just noticed that the electrci mirror and window switches do not illuminate when the headlights are on. The only one that does on driver side is the switch for the driver window. All other lights inside for switches/dash/dials all illuminate including the passenger (front and rear) window switches. Pressing the window disable button turns the lights off on the other windows though so it doesn't seem a problem with a fuse or anything. Is it normal for the switches on the driver side to only have the driver window illuminted? I saw on a US forum that it was normal but wondered if same in the UK.

BigAl:
I think you may be right, but I hadn't really noticed. Just went out to check; turned power on then headlights. Thought I'd better check headlights were on and blinded myself... Staring into a xenon headlight from 2ft away not recommended. Now can't see enough to tell which switches are illuminated. Will have another look when its dark and my sight has returned.  ::)

Alan

BigAl:
Yep, correct. Of the four window controls, only the one for the drivers door illuminates. The other three don't, neither does the mirror control.

Alan.

Pirate983:
LOL BigAl, quite right. Xenon headlights our human eyes don't mix well  8). Hope all OK now. Thanks for checking and at least the lack of illumination is by design rather than failure. Does beg the question as to why Mazda have done this. Cost cutting more like but does it "really" save that much? The mind boggles. :o

BigAl:
My best guess would be that it's not a money saving exercise. The cable/feed is already there, at the most it saves three small bulbs or LEDs. It's probably to ensure you can find the right switch in the dark. Each of the other doors has a single illuminated switch, the drivers has four with just the one illuminated.

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version