Author Topic: The dreaded Bible  (Read 17454 times)

Offline MikeH

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
The dreaded Bible
« on: May 11, 2016, 01:35:53 pm »
I have looked at the owners manual and notice there are numerous pages available for re-writing the manual explanation so as it can be understood. I am looking to turn off the auto lock facility when you walk away from the vehicle, I would prefer to lock it myself by pressing the key fob. Can this be done without affecting any other settings such as not being able to lock your keys in the car? Also I would like to know how to use the Sat Nav to navigate to a post code. I also want to program some presets on the radio but do not want to take on too many things at once. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2017
Re: The dreaded Bible
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 04:10:47 pm »
The auto locking can be changed under 'settings'.  I can't remember the phrasing for 'lock when I walk away a few feet' but I seemed to find it quite easily.  To test if you can lock the key in the car...try it, but have your spare key outside the car, or do it with a window open.

To save radio 'favourites' - quickest way... use the 'station list', move the cursor to the ones you want and 'long press' the star button (at the joystick).  A message will come up saying it's been added to the 'favourites' list.

Offline cmp999

• Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 07:02:25 pm »
The post code is entered instead of the town/city name!

Offline MikeH

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:35:37 pm »
Thanks very much to you both I will give it a go.

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:47:39 am »
The post code is entered instead of the town/city name!

To add to that, you must put the space in the middle of the postcode as well. Then select "town center" to start

Alan

Offline xtrailman

• From Worksop Great Britain.
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 04:37:27 pm »
That's right, makes no sense to me.

The more time I spend with this sat nav, the more useless I find it.
The old Tomtom although rubbish compared to my 2009 Xtrail satnav, was streets a head of this latest attempt from Mazda.
Was 2013 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Man 1663kg
Now 2015 Mazda CX-5 175 AWD sport nav Auto 1703 kg.
 Towing a 1565kg Bailey Valencia 2011 model.

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 01:21:08 am »
xtrailman, am I being unduly sensitive or is it the case that although you often have really very useful comments and experience to share re CX5 ownership, a lot of the time they basically boil down to "it still isn't as good as my trusty old Nissan used to be"?

If not then I apologise. But if so, then why do persist with your Mazda when other cars are available?

Offline xtrailman

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 07:36:21 am »
xtrailman, am I being unduly sensitive or is it the case that although you often have really very useful comments and experience to share re CX5 ownership, a lot of the time they basically boil down to "it still isn't as good as my trusty old Nissan used to be"?

If not then I apologise. But if so, then why do persist with your Mazda when other cars are available?

Yes you are being over sensitive.
I tell it as it is, and Mazda of all the Japanese cars I've had has been the most problematic.

Not just my first CX-5 but both have had issues, they just don't come close to both xtrails I've owned, the last Xtrail was 100% reliable with the only niggle being a vibrating rear view mirror, sorted diy with a after market clip on mirror.

The car had BT which just worked, a nav that just worked, a reversing camera that just worked, and was better than the first cx-5 one I had. It didn't have USB, but it did have a six CD changer which was all I needed.

What the new Xtrail has is a weedy engine, its also lost its practical box shape, so the new car is no good to me.
The Cx-5 has a great engine for towing, even though it has earned a reputation for being problematic, unreliable.

My next car will not be a Mazda, far too many owner issues, instead I may look at my first Korean car, or even a BMW.

At present my BT issues are sorted, after 5 trips to the dealer, but the brakes still make an awful squeak on braking, and the night vision on the reversing camera is dire compared to both the Xtrail and my last cx-5.

Both faults different dealers say don't exist, really even the wife finds the brake noise embarrassing, but three times now different dealers say the brakes are ok, as they do with the reverse camera night image.

I also find the headlight low beam cut off too low, my last Xtrail dip was great, other owners have reported the same, dealer says its ok.

From a recent cx-5 owner posted on caravan talk this week.

"So...  The saga continues.  The CX-5 was towed in the  dealer on Monday (again).. Got a phone call yesterday from dealer that they are waiting for a new turbo.  Less than 50k miles?  Surely that's not good."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:47:03 am by xtrailman »

Offline xtrailman

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 07:54:34 am »
I have looked at the owners manual and notice there are numerous pages available for re-writing the manual explanation so as it can be understood. I am looking to turn off the auto lock facility when you walk away from the vehicle, I would prefer to lock it myself by pressing the key fob. Can this be done without affecting any other settings such as not being able to lock your keys in the car? Also I would like to know how to use the Sat Nav to navigate to a post code. I also want to program some presets on the radio but do not want to take on too many things at once. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go into settings the auto lock is an option via a tick box.
I use it but find the tick box for a 90 sec delay from walking away is ignored, same as the last cx-5.

Use the favourite button to store all your preferred radio channels, phone calls and nav destinations, I find it useful.

Offline twabrigs

• Body: SUV AWD
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 10:21:45 am »
off topic (forgive me) but thanks xtrailman for expanding on the back story - no offence intended. I just haven't experienced any of the problems you describe...maybe have just been lucky so far (although I have had a new windscreen and had the rising oil problem).

Offline tubamanandy

• Model Grade: SE-L
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 08:17:01 pm »
"The Cx-5 has a great engine for towing, even though it has earned a reputation for being problematic, unreliable."

Where does this rubbish come from ?

Offline xtrailman

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 06:06:50 am »
"The Cx-5 has a great engine for towing, even though it has earned a reputation for being problematic, unreliable."

Where does this rubbish come from ?

On the caravan forum i use, "caravan talk" under towcars we have around a max of 9 members with the CX-5.

Three members my self one of them have had the car breakdown, two have had the car recovered to the garage on a flatbed, and one has been recovered now twice.

On my first CX-5 the early cars were fitted with faulty exhaust sensors, prematuring wearing cams, prematurly wearing vaccun pumps, the later could result in brake failure or contamination of the engine oil ways. this can also result in turbos failing.

In Austrailia many diesel engines have been replaced. DPF cleaning using fuel to clean out the filter around every 250 miles can lead to sump oil rise, so oil dilution, if it gets bad enough low engine oil pressure is flagged up and brings the car to a halt.

In the USA the petrol engine is sold, this engine has very few problems.

There have also been reports on the Honest John forum, where many members woulnt torch a mazda diesel from its long standing unreliability, even before skyactive.

Still think its rubbish? Then consult the reliability indexes where the CX-5 stands quite low unfortunately.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 06:06:50 am »