Author Topic: Recall - Faulty injector seals/ cam damage  (Read 11471 times)

Offline DanZz

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2013
Recall - Faulty injector seals/ cam damage
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:57:47 pm »
Appreciate there's already a topic on this recall but this is specifically related to Mazda UKs refusal to pay for the works.
So I received the recall letter last month but unfortunately this was around 4 months too late as I'd already fallen foul to the dreaded "low oil pressure" light which was a result of faulty injection seals > damage to cams > build up of metal on the sump.
Needless to say as soon as I saw the letter I contacted my dealership who agreed that the work I'd already paid for was exactly related to the recall, but I'd have to contact Mazda UK for reimbursement.
Sounds pretty clear cut right?
Well apparently not. Mazda UK are flat out refusing to offer any reimbursement as the works were carried out before the date of the recall.
Is this normal? I know both Ford and VW have reimbursed customers retrospectivly in similar situations so I'm utterly dismayed by Mazda's lack of customer care.
Anyone experienced similar?

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: Recall - Faulty injector seals/ cam damage
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 12:24:17 pm »

Well apparently not. Mazda UK are flat out refusing to offer any reimbursement as the works were carried out before the date of the recall.

I take it that you won't be letting matters rest there but shall be seeking legal advice?
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline DanZz

• Colour: Meteor Gray Mica
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 02:45:04 pm »

I take it that you won't be letting matters rest there but shall be seeking legal advice?
Indeed. Mazda keep pushing me towards the Motor Ombudsman but given their reputation I'll be going straight to small claims.
Just find it unbelievable Mazda are so keen to lose customers.

Offline makitamark

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:50:31 pm »
Hi DanZz,
Would it be possible for you to detail exactly how these issues are interrelated?
I understand the ‘soft’ camshaft thing, that makes sense, but how is it related to the injector seals?
Ive had very similar issues (can’t verify the camshaft at this stage) but have also had to replace the twin turbo when it was 3.5yrs old.
Cheers
Mark

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 05:50:31 pm »