Author Topic: What did you do to your car today?  (Read 129162 times)

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
Re: What did you do to your car today?
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2016, 08:45:54 am »
You might like to consider Methylated Spirits which is water soluble of course. Here's a couple of images that I took of the rubber waist strip that is located just below the lock of our caravan door. A short while back I was a little bit too enthusiastic with the graphite based lock spray which then leaked out of the lock running down onto the rubber strip. Of course without realising it, I made the situation worse by trying to wipe it off which only smeared the black stuff over a wider area. Washing with soap, glass cleaner and spectacle wipe pads did nothing to shift it at all. A little Methylated Spirits on a cloth, however, and a couple of light strokes backwards and forwards over the area had it shifted in seconds.

Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:20 pm »
Thanks Deeps, I was giving it more thought today that would kill off any organic matter for sure.
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2016, 09:09:39 pm »
Latest little mod: Changed the wimpy-looking OEM boot lip trims for much beefier-looking ones from Aliexpress;

OEM trims are inside the boot, they're not bad but had already been dented by a suitcase and don't seem as if they'd take much to break. The new ones are pretty thick gauge steel so will hopefully stand up to more punishment! I'm not sure I like the combination of exterior and interior trims together but at least the interior ones are hidden most of the time.
Versatuner 175bhp map, H&R Wheel Spacers, Red Ambient Lighting, Sony XAV-AX100, Upgraded speakers, Leather Handbrake/Gearlever Gaiters + Armrest, Red Door Piping LED Interior/Exterior Lighting, Exhaust Tips...and about 50kg of sound deadening!

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2018, 10:40:50 pm »
It's been quite a while since I last posted so thought I'd catch up with my CX-5 which is still going strong - I've been working on a few projects since my last posts:

Photos from my ongoing project to quieten my CX-5 and make it feel more 'expensive'

Secondary door seals fitted around all outer edges of all doors (like the new CX-5), it's helped to cut down on wind noise. I've also fitted it to the bootlid and front line of the bonnet.

Soundproofing fitted underneath the windscreen scuttle to cut down on engine noise, I spotted on the German CX-5 forum and can recommend it.

Next up - a 2014 CX-5 with CarPlay! After messing around with an Android head unit from AliExpress that I liked but had too many drawbacks I decided to buy this Sony XAV-AX100 along with the required adapters to make as much of the factory kit work as possible.
I'm very happy with how it looks and works (despite the lack of commander switch) and the sound quality is excellent. I did modify the Metra fascia adapter as I didn't like the fact that it sinks the stereo deeper into the dash and also not tilted as the original unit is.

The standard interface when outside of CarPlay

The reversing camera works correctly when reverse gear has been selected - this took a bit of detective work as the Sony and Mazda adapter have the handbrake and reverse gear trigger wires reversed!

Night time shot of the stereo

And finally a quick shot of the exterior, my CX-5 is looking fantastic thanks to CarPro Essence and Gyeon Cancoat.
Versatuner 175bhp map, H&R Wheel Spacers, Red Ambient Lighting, Sony XAV-AX100, Upgraded speakers, Leather Handbrake/Gearlever Gaiters + Armrest, Red Door Piping LED Interior/Exterior Lighting, Exhaust Tips...and about 50kg of sound deadening!

Offline rmvf

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2018, 08:39:42 am »
Looking real good, is that exhaust the one you got from USA? i can remember a post from a few years ago

Offline RichardCX5

• New CX5 Owner Feb 2016
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2018, 09:49:49 am »
Looking real good, is that exhaust the one you got from USA? i can remember a post from a few years ago

It's just exhaust tips, available here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172619202588

Offline rmvf

« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2018, 07:15:08 am »
Cool thanks

Offline Goose13270

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2020, 02:05:08 pm »
It's been quite a while since I last posted so thought I'd catch up with my CX-5 which is still going strong - I've been working on a few projects since my last posts:

Photos from my ongoing project to quieten my CX-5 and make it feel more 'expensive'

Secondary door seals fitted around all outer edges of all doors (like the new CX-5), it's helped to cut down on wind noise. I've also fitted it to the bootlid and front line of the bonnet.

Soundproofing fitted underneath the windscreen scuttle to cut down on engine noise, I spotted on the German CX-5 forum and can recommend it.

Next up - a 2014 CX-5 with CarPlay! After messing around with an Android head unit from AliExpress that I liked but had too many drawbacks I decided to buy this Sony XAV-AX100 along with the required adapters to make as much of the factory kit work as possible.
I'm very happy with how it looks and works (despite the lack of commander switch) and the sound quality is excellent. I did modify the Metra fascia adapter as I didn't like the fact that it sinks the stereo deeper into the dash and also not tilted as the original unit is.

The standard interface when outside of CarPlay

The reversing camera works correctly when reverse gear has been selected - this took a bit of detective work as the Sony and Mazda adapter have the handbrake and reverse gear trigger wires reversed!

Night time shot of the stereo

And finally a quick shot of the exterior, my CX-5 is looking fantastic thanks to CarPro Essence and Gyeon Cancoat.
Was wondering how you went about getting the reverse cam to work, don't seem to stock any harness in the UK. Did you have to use a 12 - 6 volt convertor? My aftermarket is a Kenwood DMX 1770 DAB

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2020, 02:05:08 pm »