Author Topic: Sport Nav - Missing Features?  (Read 13424 times)

Offline johnnyleitrim

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Liquid Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
Sport Nav - Missing Features?
« on: February 20, 2018, 09:03:07 pm »
I just bought a 2016 Sport Nav.  After reading a few articles before purchasing, it seemed that the Sport Nav should be the top of the range.

However, there are a few features mentioned in the user manual that my car doesn't have.  The High Beam Control (where high beams are controlled automatically be the car), Distance Recognition Support System (DRSS) and Blond Spot Monitoring (BSM) are examples of features mention in my user manual that I don't have.

What model(s) have these features?

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: Sport Nav - Missing Features?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 11:30:24 am »
There are a number of things in the manual that don't appear on UK spec cars, unfortunately. However, some of the items you mention are part of the optional safety pack on the Sport-nav diesel models anyway. That covers the adaptive LED headlights, amongst others. It's an £800+VAT option. I believe they now offer an additional option of radar controlled cruise control for the same amount again, but that's on the MK3 models.

Alan

Offline johnnyleitrim

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Liquid Silver Metallic
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:19:17 pm »
Thanks for the reply Big Al.  I wonder if it's possible to add these on after purchase - hopefully Mazda Ireland do!

Offline Bert321

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 10:02:54 am »
My late 2014 has the safety pack (although perhaps newer models work differently?).  The automatic high beam is virtually useless on motorways since it doesn't dip for oncoming cars until they're much closer than you would normally dip 'manually', and it often thinks reflective roadside markers (which your own headlights have just lit up) are cars in front - but it works well on smaller A-roads etc tho.  Similarly the blind spot monitor can't be relied upon - it picks up cars which are approaching you from behind (in either mirror)... but only if they're actively approaching, ie it doesn't pick up a car travelling in your blind spot at the same speed as you.
Personnaly I wouldn't bother with either feature if mine didn't have them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:06:48 am by Bert321 »

Offline ceegee

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 04:29:14 pm »
Thanks for the reply Big Al.  I wonder if it's possible to add these on after purchase - hopefully Mazda Ireland do!

I very much doubt if these features can be retro fitted as the radar cruise control uses a sensor to determine when to slow down and then resume the set speed. Also as your car will have a standard cruise control this would need to be taken off as you have either radar cruise control or cruise control, you cannot have both for safety reasons

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 04:29:14 pm »