Author Topic: Adblue warning - software error?  (Read 5575 times)

Offline bw10030

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Snowflake White
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2019
Adblue warning - software error?
« on: November 04, 2022, 08:09:25 am »
Just had an issue with my brand new (600 miles) diesel CX 5. Had the following warning accompanied with lots of warning gongs and flashing lights: 'Improper Adblue, spped will be limited in 25 miles, no start in 429 miles. Excessive emissions. Use proper Adblue.' When I interrogated the Adblue menu, it said 100% contents, but range showed '- - - - - mi'.

Took it to local dealers, but after 10 miles or so the fault message cleared. Dealer service very good, booked next week to have an investigation, looked at technical bulletins and it looks like a known issue with a software fix available.

Hopefully that will fix it, anyone else had the issue? By the way, if it had gone to limited speed, exactly what speed is that?

Offline bw10030

Re: Adblue warning - software error?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 04:13:43 pm »
Oh well, it wasn't software! Fault came back almost immediately on leaving the dealers, discussion further with Mazda Technical indicates the ' AdBlue Quality sensor' (really!!!) needs to be replaced - none in Europe! So car at the dealers and I'm in a hire car. Not sure how long to get a replacement part, so I will keep you all in the picture!

Offline bw10030

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 03:17:19 pm »
Well, this is getting a bit annoying. Now been told that the earliest the sensor will be with Mazda UK is mid December, that's 6 weeks since the part failed, and almost as long as I had owned the car 'fault free'. Will let you know when it turns up and if it fixes the fault!

Offline bw10030

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 02:37:50 pm »
IT'S BACK: Finally got my car back just before Christmas with it's (presumably) shiny new AdBlue quality sensor. It seems to have fixed the fault, however I have only done a couple of hundred miles since it was fitted. 10 / 10 for the dealer service (Perry's Preston) who kept me in the picture and fitted the new part on a Saturday to get me mobile. 0 / 10 for Mazda for how long the car was off the road for (7 weeks)! And -10 for Vauxhall, as I had to suffer a Crossland as a courtesy car! How can a car be that bad in this day and age (the Vauxhall)!

Time will tell if the fault is fixed, apparently there's a batch issue as 3 other UK cars are off the road waiting for the new sensors - I hope Mazda UK have odered a few!

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 02:37:50 pm »