Technical Section > Steering/Suspension/Brakes

Electronic hand brake

(1/5) > >>

rmvf:
Booked in for dealer to check seems to be sticking on a little too long on one side causing car to lurch can be quite bad at times but feel it's more apparent when on hills than flat, I'm guessing that's just due to weight transfer during release,l'm interested if anyone else has had this problem or knows what the issue is.

rmvf:
ok been in today, control module requires changing part on order, they had a vehicle in the day before with same issue but affecting opposite side so not first time fault.

rmvf:
Control module changed out took about 1 1/2 hrs, centre console required removing, seems to have fixed the fault, handbrake release much faster and not holding on whilst clutch bite is occurring. Dealership took a video during process this seems to be the next new thing in customer service.

TimD67:
Had exactly the same issue, handbrake does seem to come off (light goes out) but drivers side rear brake does not disengage, as you say only happens when you pull away a bit quicker or on a hill. Garage were a bit skeptical until I physically showed them the issue and then tried to re-create it in one of their cars, which of course I couldn't. Booked in for a fix next week so we will see what they do.

rmvf:
Mazda are aware of the problem they have issued a notice bulletin,  don't get fobbed off, you will require the same course of action. Ours is now not only sorted but better than when we took delivery of the car ( new ) ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version