Author Topic: 2.2 Diesel SCR Adblue  (Read 3875 times)

Offline cheezyboab

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
2.2 Diesel SCR Adblue
« on: March 30, 2023, 12:56:24 pm »
Hi. I have a 2019 cx5 2.2 diesel. I have a strange issue. Randomly on and off I get a message on the dashboard. (SCR Malfunction contact dealer) this is accompanied with the SCR warning light and engine management light.  Sometimes this appears several times in the one day or sometimes I can go weeks and all is fine. The error message resets itself and all the dash lights go out until the next time the issue arises. I have had the codes read and they say p2200. NOx sensor circuit bank 1.  Could it be the sensor that is the issue. Does seem a bit random that it would fail in this way.  Plus these sensors are pricey. If it needs changed fair enough just don’t want to spend out the money for it not to be the issue. Does anyone on here have any thoughts or possibly been here already.  Other than that the car runs as normal.  No loss of power or smoke. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2015
Re: 2.2 Diesel SCR Adblue
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 03:25:57 pm »
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

As your posting is related to a difficulty with a diesel powered model, I have moved it into the dedicated Diesel area of the forum.

I have also noticed that in your profile, you have indicated that your vehicle is petrol. I'm assuming that this is incorrect. So, could I please ask you to amend your profile to show the correct information.

Hopefully somebody will be along soon, who can help you with your problem.

Thanks again

Offline cheezyboab

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 08:10:53 pm »
Just wanted to add an update to the issue.  After talking to someone in the know I was advised that the Adblue injector was probably blocked up with crystallized Adblue. I was recommended to try some Wynns Wynn's Crystal Clean and Protect.  I didn’t even know such a product existed. Well after a few runs and allowing the product to get through the system I can report the issue has now cleared. I’ve also since had the injector checked and cleaned. There was still a fair amount of blockage on the injector and the hole into which it goes.  Safe to say no expensive NOx sensor to replace. Looks like in the  future when I top up the Adblue I will be throwing in another bottle of the above to prevent this from happening again.  Hopefully this helps out someone else in the future.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 08:10:53 pm »