Author Topic: Second CX5 in 7 months. Thank You Floyd at Lodge Garage Kingswood  (Read 18862 times)

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
Second CX5 in 7 months. Thank You Floyd at Lodge Garage Kingswood
« on: September 07, 2019, 08:15:45 pm »
Well, it has been 12 months since my last rant regarding our CX-5, Clarice has gone and replaced by 'Bussy'  which has proved to be one of the best vehicles we have owned. She has covered 12.300 miles with not a foot being put wrong. She has been up to Scottyland twice returning well in excess of 56mpg on each occasion proving that when Mazda get it right they 'get it spot on'
Being our first Automatic and one which 'Mrs G' has accepted with no reservations makes it all the easier.

I know feathers were ruffled by my angst about Clarice 1 but I make no apology for airing my grievance about engineering that was faulty from the start but has now been superceded by Bussy with which we are 100% happy with.

Happy CX-5ing to all members
'Clarice'

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Year: 2015
Re: Second CX5 in 7 months. Thank You Floyd at Lodge Garage Kingswood
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 04:54:51 pm »
A result  :) and all's well that ends well.  ;D
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline Anchorman

• Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 05:33:26 pm »
My 19 has been good too. It’s had about 6 litres of Adblue in its 7000 miles and I dipped the oil the other day which has risen about 3 or 4mm which is fine. At that rate, no need for an interim oil change.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline Clarice

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 09:47:10 am »
Hi Anchorman,  Glad to know your '19' CX5 is doing well, I am surprised that it has consumed 6 litres of Ad Blu in 7000 miles as ours was still 60% full at 12,300 miles or are you on short stop/start journeys for the most part which may account for the increase. The oil on the dipstick in our CX5 didn't move upwards either

Ours does a 22 mile trip each way each day Mrs G goes to work plus the extended trips up north down south etc. etc.

An interesting bit of info for those of you who do have the latest 'Ad Blu' diesels, if you are very low mileage say around 3000 miles per annum the garage will drain your Ad Blu tank on it's service and replenish with new, this is because it has a 'shelf life' of around 2 years max after that it deteriorates and becomes ineffective and the electronic trickery around the engine could be tripped into 'limp home' mode. It's not that expensive but make sure that if you fall into the little used bracket that the garage does change it completely.

Deeps, take it you haven't slept on any torpedoes or in torpedo tubes lately ? ;)

Offline Anchorman

• Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2018
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 09:23:21 pm »
My commute to work is 23 miles each way and is a mix of hills, motorway and city. In addition it has toured Scotland and gets a few other good runs.  Each time I’ve added Adblue it’s been on a hunch as the meter has always read full so might correlate with yours.
Eagles may soar high but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.......

Offline Deeps

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 03:44:22 pm »

Deeps, take it you haven't slept on any torpedoes or in torpedo tubes lately ? ;)

Nope, those days are long gone but did sleep on a hospital bed for 2 nights recently. I say sleep, in fact it must have amounted to all of 5 minutes due to the snoring of my neighbour.  :(
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Offline Clarice

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 06:25:38 pm »
I hope everything is okay and you are on the mend, you should have contacted me regarding your close companion, I could have swiftly done away with him sparing you an agonising Hospital vacation :)
In case there are any of you Guys and Gals ( stuff PC ) who are interested in past Formula 1 of the 1960's whilst Mrs G and I were up in Scottyland , we went through the village of DUNS and came across the 'Jim Clark Motorsports Museum'. As you can imagine yours truly trod on the brakes ( rather hard ) to find it was closed on a sunday. But we returned later in the week to have a look around the refurbished Museum to one of the truly great drivers of the 1960's.
Suffice to say Mrs G was sceptical at first, but as time went by she fully understood my admiration for an unassuming man who was the best driver of his period who was sadly taken from us at an early age.
If any of you are up in Scottyland and are interested please stop in Duns and view the Jim Clark Motorsport Museum, i promise you that you will not be disappointed to the tribute of a fantastic driver too soon taken from us by a tragic accident.

Offline Deeps

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 11:54:49 am »
I hope everything is okay and you are on the mend,

Slowly recovering and getting better thanks. The old ticker was jumping out of sync a few times daily like a worn 78 jumping a few grooves. A red hot poker inserted from the groin area and up to the old ticker to burn off a few nasties has it sorted. Agree regarding Jim Clark.

Offline Clarice

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 09:02:48 pm »
Just spent a week up in the far West of Scotland at Gairloch, or rather a small community 8.5 miles outside of it called Autrischaan reached by a single track road with passing places. If you’ve not been to Scotland the farther north you go the crappier the roads and you spend more time dodging potholes than noticing the scenery. All in all we travelled close to 2000 miles in the week, 600 up and 600 down the rest going places in Scotland including the road sequence with Bond and ‘M’ in the Aston Martin on the way to Skyfall, eat yer heart out Bond my suspension is better. Average MPG for the whole trip was 56.8 mpg which considering Scottieland is as hilly as you can get I thought was a damn good average. The scenery up there is breath taking and the number of camper vans and motorcycles is astounding. My tip for travel in Scotland is :- Pick an area you want to see, set a radius of travel from your base and see all there is in that radius, if caravanning of Motorhoming you can move location every few days and see another area. If you’re static then keep to a radius anyway as everything in Scotland is a vast travel time from one place to another because of the roads and the topography, just to prove the point from our home to Gairloch was 8.5 miles but took 20 minutes to travel between the two. We will be changing Bussy for a petrol CX 5 Automatic at the end of May. Our mileage will be going down a fair bit now Mrs G. Is retired so reverting to Petrol makes sense. We have enjoyed having Bussy as she has been really good over our time of ownership, hope our next one is as good.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 09:02:48 pm »