Author Topic: Mazda Extended Warranty  (Read 9589 times)

steve101

Mazda Extended Warranty
« on: August 04, 2021, 08:08:20 am »
My CX5 will be three years old in September. Has anyone had any experience of having made a claim under the Mazda extended warranty?
I have a quote for 1 year at £367.00 which includes breakdown cover.

Offline Gel

• New to Mazda; enjoying my new CX-5
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
Re: Mazda Extended Warranty
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 08:17:34 am »
Shame there've been zero responses on this :-X
Have you looked at alternatives?

I notice Top Cashback generous payback £41.25
if you buy from Warranty Direct, who I gather have a good record.
https://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/

If you buy via TopCashback ensure you clear cookies first if you've visited vendor's pages beforehand,
or on another computer/ tablet ;D
Gerald
Thames Valley

steve101

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 07:51:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it would help if there had been more responses, but someone has to be first I suppose.

I have done a fair bit of research on this and decided to get a quote from Warrantywise. My CX5 has only done 17,000 miles (we have two cars) and has full dealer service history. My quote from them was near £900.00 for 12 months. During a follow up call, which was unsolicited, they dropped it to around £280.00 but obviously with lower cover. That made my mind up not to use them.

I have decided to stick with Mazda. They only use Mazda service for any neccessary repairs.

Offline Preload

• Just checked my pulse Yep I'm still a live :-)
  • Colour: Titanium Flash Metallic
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 08:00:40 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it would help if there had been more responses, but someone has to be first I suppose.

I have done a fair bit of research on this and decided to get a quote from Warrantywise. My CX5 has only done 17,000 miles (we have two cars) and has full dealer service history. My quote from them was near £900.00 for 12 months. During a follow up call, which was unsolicited, they dropped it to around £280.00 but obviously with lower cover. That made my mind up not to use them.

I have decided to stick with Mazda. They only use Mazda service for any neccessary repairs.

Thanks for the post Steve. Interesting info however I cannot add anything as my CX5 is still within it 3 year warranty
Motorcycles are my favourite form of transport but CX-5 is smooth.
GT Sport Nav +
2L

steve101

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 07:48:32 am »
The only info I have received from anyone who has had the extended warranty is from Huxie on a separate topic. http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=1405.msg8597#msg8597

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 06:15:35 pm »
Just had Bussy our Cx-5 serviced and MOT’d at 3 yrs 26,000 miles, wear on tyres Front 4mm Rear 5mm, front pads 20% wear, rears 40%. The service manager contacted Mazda regarding this and we have been offered a further 3 year warranty on our girl which we have taken up. I can only assume that considering how we treat our vehicle has had a positive effect with Mazda.

steve101

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 06:48:40 pm »
Can you clarify your post please? I'm assuming you haven't been given 3 years extra warranty free of charge. How much did they charge for this and is it through the normal Mazda Extended Warranty?

Offline Clarice

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 08:18:25 pm »
Our CX5 has always been serviced from new at a Mazda approved Garage with Mazda trained Technicians, when we picked her up from the Garage after her service and MOT we were informed that the results were filled in on the service computer, the reply from Mazda following everything being green was to grant a three year extension to the warranty. I assume that the overall condition of normal wear and tear items tyres/brakes etc. were considered to be above average and this has been done as a goodwill gesture. My previous post as to tyre and brake wear gives the read outs.

Offline Huxie

• Colour: Sky Blue Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Year: 2012
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 11:31:47 am »
snip…….
the reply from Mazda following everything being green was to grant a three year extension to the warranty. I assume that the overall condition of normal wear and tear items tyres/brakes etc. were considered to be above average and this has been done as a goodwill gesture.
….snip

Was the goodwill gesture because of the problems you had with your previous CX-5?

Are you expected to make any financial contribution to the extended warranty?

If not, will it be transferrable to a new owner, should you decide to sell?

Offline Clarice

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 10:52:25 am »
The previous CX5 was problematic whereas this one is the complete opposite and has been one of the best motors we’ve owned. I don’t think the aggravation with the first one is a contributing factor, we have not been requested to make any payment so it’s a mystery to us other than as stated it’s because our wear and tear items have lasted extremely well and they are above average for the distance travelled. I have no idea if it is transferable but I suspect not once ownership by us is relinquished. I’ll contact our servicing garage to recheck if this is a genuine freebie or not.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2021, 10:52:25 am »