Author Topic: Forrest Gump…..Stupid is as Stupid does  (Read 11382 times)

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
Forrest Gump…..Stupid is as Stupid does
« on: February 09, 2022, 06:04:38 pm »
Mrs C. Has been on the CX5 Facebook site, the more she read out the more the arm of the sofa suffered from my gripping it such that it is now broken. How the hell we have owners of the Diesel and Petrol CX5’s who whinge about performance from them, Clue! it’s an SUV not a sports car, it doesn’t have 7 seats, Clue! It’s a CX5 FIVE AS IN FIVE SEATS. The engine has to be revved up to overtake and the economy goes South. Clue! The engines for the size of the vehicle are relatively small 2.2 or 2 litre driving a half a barn door through the air so when you put your foot down so it affects the economy. Jesus H Christ do we have a plethora of complete nut jobs in vehicles unsuitable for their needs or don’t they read the literature first ? Just to put the record straight,…. On the MX5 site some fool bitched they only had 2 seats , it’s a two seat sports car GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! if you want somewhere to put your two kids stuff’em in the boot.??????????????????

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: Forrest Gump…..Stupid is as Stupid does
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 09:00:55 pm »
Perhaps the same people who created the following.........   https://www.demilked.com/british-things-confuse-americans-swfinds/

Offline Clarice

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 08:49:01 pm »
Without a doubt. When I first started in the Motor trade as an apprentice mechanic nearly all male customers had a good idea of the workings of their cars. Nowadays most only know where the steering wheel is situated.

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 12:50:01 am »
 I can 100% verify that i am totally happy with the performance of my 2020 petrol sport nav, i can get 44mpg at 70 yes on computer driven for 4 or 5 hrs none stop. Also it does do its stated top speed anything with more bhp or turbos is going to be faster. The trick is to maintain speed and judge the road well ahead my biking experience proves in valuble. So ive just ordered my 5th one. Looking forward to seeing the cx60 apparantly it will be a little bigger
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline Clarice

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 06:04:18 pm »
Good to know your Petrol CX5 has done you well, our Diesel engined CX5 has performed extremely well over the three years we’ve had ‘Bussy’ giving 60+ mpg on long motorway runs and is comfortable enough that after 4 or 5 hour trips we feel A okay and able to walk around without aches and strains.. we will be changing her this year and going for a Petrol CX5 Sport automatic, not because diesel is a dirty word but our mileage has dropped significantly and Petrol is the option. Electric cars you can keep as they are way too expensive, crap range and it’s the bulls**t behind electrification I find  unpalatable in it’s make up and lack of infrastructure.

Offline rmvf

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 06:10:28 pm »
Yeah im a few years off going electric or even hybrid, if i did go down hybrid it would probably be lexus first. I test drove the auto 2.0ltr, and love how it drove. Again like yourselfs we dont do alot of mileage really

Offline Clarice

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 12:01:23 pm »
having looked into the production of Electric vehicles and the battery packs, it appears that the so called benefits of electric vehicles are overstated, in that the production of;-
 1 battery pack is equivalent to the carbon footprint of running a diesel engined vehicle around for 10-12 years'

The stated mileage between runs is very dependent on what ancilliaries you use in motion. Manufacturers are quoting 200+ miles between charges, which may be the case in a warm environment and only 1 person inside but once you load the vehicle up and use lights, heating, wipers on cold climates it will impact significantly on that range.

At end of life removing the components of just the batteries is extremely difficult as the lithium is extremely toxic and difficult to remove from the pack which in most cases will not last more than 8 years and will cost way more than the car is worth at that point in which case it's only worth is scrap so not enviromentaly friendly.

The infrastructure for charging of these vehicles lags light years behind in being put in place and in sufficient numbers.

The current National Grid has nowhere near enough power to charge vehicles and keep the current stock of houses supplied with electricity unless it builds at least 5 further power stations and renewable power is a pipe dream that will not work.

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2022, 01:42:16 pm »

Offline rmvf

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 11:54:14 pm »
Yeah i agree with what you said, i have read numerous times over past 2 years. i will hold off as much as possible. Going down to one car family first. Certainly be planning journeys once its £8 a gallon. Or use my motorbike more as i can get nearly 60mpg.

Offline Clarice

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 07:52:09 am »
Mrs Clarice has just been on the Facebook CX5 site, some complete idiot who clearly has no idea of which end of the week it is has purchased and is waiting for a Sport Black CX5 posing the question of does it have extra lighting because is it dark inside. Clue Sport BLACK does give the game away, I seriously think people like this should be dealt with.
Another clown raised the ‘Hold’ button you use in traffic is dangerous as if you get out of the car it does not stop the vehicle moving off if you open the door and leave it.
Clue!Read the instruction manual that’s why an electronic handbrake is fitted to secure the vehicle from moving off, I’d put money on the fool leaving it in D for drive and getting out then wondering why it carries on down the road.
I am sure a test should be introduced for prospective owners to be mandatory, you don’t pass you don’t get.????????????

Offline rmvf

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2022, 12:36:09 am »
Reference the lights the newer interior led are a step back i think certainly not as bright as the ones on mine i cant see that the black roof lining has owt to do with it., so i give the lighting as a valid question I did get footwell lighting fitter to a previous one wierldy red in colour, and see puddle lights no longer on mazda configurator. The wifes is the first car we have had with black roof lining not 100% sure if i like it yet but guess it will look cleaner for longer if anything. Dont use facebook whats the cx5 site like overall?

Offline Clarice

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022, 07:22:38 pm »
According to Mrs Clarice, the contributors on the CX5 Facebook site are somewhat wanting, her way of saying they are posting some right royal rubbish.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2022, 07:22:38 pm »