Author Topic: CX5 Sat Nav problem  (Read 3900 times)

Offline patrod68

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
CX5 Sat Nav problem
« on: January 27, 2022, 12:53:15 pm »
Hi. My 2019 vehicle recently had its 3 year service and 1st Mot. Asked dealer to update my sat nav, Left the SD card with them,they updated the card. I have now fitted the card, but have lost all my nav info, including head up display info, all that shows is the speed i am actually doing. I first thought it was related to the card not being in the system. Anybody come across this problem?

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
Re: CX5 Sat Nav problem
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 04:33:50 pm »
When you say update the Sat-nav, I presume you mean update the mapping rather that the system? If so, that's not something dealers do as it takes too long (can be 3-4 hours as it makes a full backup first and the mapping server is a bit slow); at least I've never heard of a dealer who will do it. It's an owner operation, done using the Mazda Toolbox software that needs to be installed on your computer. The only updating that a dealer would do is to the infotainment system, which is done with a direct connection to the car, not via the SD card.

Haven't heard of the other problem before, though. I think you need to go back and have a word...

Offline patrod68

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2019
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 12:07:32 pm »
Thanks,I meant updating the map. I have contacted the dealer, they said the nav system may need a reset?

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 12:07:32 pm »