Author Topic: Rear Brake Pads - Superceded  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Goat Eyes

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Rear Brake Pads - Superceded
« on: August 16, 2022, 01:42:32 pm »
Hi

I am looking for some help. I’ve got a 15 plate CX5 Sport Nav, it’s the 2.2L AWD.

I changed the rear pads and calliper a few years ago due to them binding on, the pads I got didn’t fit in the pad carrier, they were about a mm too big (height), so to get the car on the road I ground a little bit off and they were ok, but did wear down quickly due to them sticking a little.

Bought a second set (there are no aftermarket ones, this will become clear soon) from Mazda and they were the same again, too big. I went back and they managed to track down a set that were an old part that had superceded to the new number they gave me.

The old part (#KAY0-26-43Z) fit perfectly. I’ve subsequently been through the same thing again due to the other calliper binding and now can’t get the old part number anymore, it automatically supersedes to KAY0-26-48ZA which are the ones that are too big. Mazda are of little help and the dealer is struggling.

Anyone experienced this and more importantly, anyone know where I can get a set (or two) of the old part KAY0-26-43Z?

I am going to try a few more Mazda dealers but if anyone has anything let me know.

Cheers

Simon
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 02:55:10 pm by Goat Eyes »

Offline dwlawson

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Year: 2019
Re: Rear Brake Pads - Superceded
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 08:06:47 pm »
Interested to read your post as I have a 64 plate and the rear brakes will be needing done soon. If you pop that part number into autodoc.co.uk it comes back with two results, although I haven't heard of either of the manufacturers.

Offline Goat Eyes

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 09:26:14 pm »
Interested to read your post as I have a 64 plate and the rear brakes will be needing done soon. If you pop that part number into autodoc.co.uk it comes back with two results, although I haven't heard of either of the manufacturers.

I haven’t got a response as such, dealer has no idea other than the fact it’s superseded. He’s contacted Mazda and I’m getting nothing back.

I contacted Mazda yesterday and they’ve passed it to their parts team, heard nothing yet, but…

I’ve had two responses on the CX5 Facebook group, one who has checked the pad carriers for the two numbers supplied above and the old number shows the carrier is 1.5mm shorter than the later number which backs up what I’m saying.

The other response states that the early CX5s had a bulletin related to the rear callipers sticking, the repair included new pad carriers, callipers and pads I believe. So that’s probably where the change has come in. I suspect Mazda will expect me to change the carriers as the old pads are no longer available. At £200 a side plus £80 for the pads, plus discs now  I’ll be looking at Mazda contributing heavily towards this if this is the case.

I’ll update the thread when I get it resolved.

Offline Goat Eyes

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 07:09:52 am »
Since found this bulletin.

Offline Goat Eyes

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 03:34:15 pm »
Been on to Mazda CS and they’ve spoken to technical and they reckon there is no difference in the pads and they should all fit. Having to book it into a Mazda Dealer to get it looked at before they’ll look at it any further.

Offline Goat Eyes

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 09:29:56 pm »
Booked next Friday at a cost of £57 for an inspection so that they can verify the pads don’t fit. I’ll be looking for that back when they confirm the pads don’t fit.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 09:29:56 pm »