Author Topic: Mazda QI Charger  (Read 9945 times)

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
Mazda QI Charger
« on: June 11, 2022, 08:52:32 am »
Having taken ownership of our 2022 Mazda CX-5  which has a QI charger for your Smartphone, it appears that the QI is problematic and fails to do as is expected and becomes QD ( Quickly Detachable ). I have viewed the REDDIT American site and it appears that this charging system has a major fault which our American cousins are quite vocal about. Apart from this we are very pleased with ‘Duckie’ which gave us 41 mpg over a varied driving course and conditions. No doubt MAZDA will sort out the QI glitch in time.

Offline Clarice

• Shoot first ask afterwards..fewer questions
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2022
Re: Mazda QI Charger
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 05:49:07 pm »
So, We have had a look see at the Problem with the QI charger in our CX5 and the magnetic link between the Apple iPro 13 phone and the Mazda itself, now when your iPro13 phone is in it’s safety case, the lock between Mazda QI is absolutely dire and dislodges thereby not charging. Today, I removed the Apple safety case and placed the i phone direct to the QI in the car, result ? The phone charged without a hitch. So, as I see it the magnet in the CX5 is of a lower grip rate than that of the Apple Magnet charger. This results any i phone in it’s protective case failing to remain in place and charge up. The Apple iPhone magnet charger when the phone is in it’s protection case will really grip the phone up and charge without problem whereas the Mazdas QI magnet is of a lower magnetic quality and fails unless you take it out of the protective case which at a cost of £50 renders it as useless in charging. Before you criticise we asked both Apple and Mazda if these items were compatible and were informed they were. Clearly they are not.

Mazda CX-5 Forums

Re: Mazda QI Charger
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 05:49:07 pm »