Technical Section > Interior Trim

Stone leather

(1/2) > >>

BigAl:
Thinking of having stone leather on my next CX5 (have had 2 with black, fancy a change).

Can anyone who has this finish confirm what it's like regarding marking, colour transfer from jeans, etc?

Alan

Ant:
I had stone leather in my 2015 CX-5 and I thought it stood up to marks and dirt pretty well. There was a small patch on the outside edge of the drivers seat that did regularly pick up blue staining from jeans. It cleaned up fairly well with a proprietary leather cleaner but after two and a half years, I could never completely remove the slight blue tinge from that small area. It wasn’t particularly noticeable in everyday use and more regular cleaning and use of a leather protector might have helped.

I do think the stone leather looks stunning and still wonder whether I should have opted for it on my 6 Tourer instead of the black (but fancied a change)!

BigAl:
Thanks, Ant, that helps.
Stone leather it is then...
Having to choose between having stone leather OR radar cruise control still seems odd, but I can manage without the latter  ;D

Alan

twabrigs:
I'd go stone leather instead of radar.

Switch to Alan Partridge style tan chinos at the same time, and your denim & leather problems will all be over..!

BigAl:

--- Quote from: twabrigs on May 23, 2018, 11:09:59 am ---Switch to Alan Partridge style tan chinos at the same time, and your denim & leather problems will all be over..!

--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version