Author Topic: What is it with Mazda Dealers  (Read 19312 times)

Offline kenny1462

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2016
What is it with Mazda Dealers
« on: November 22, 2016, 07:45:50 pm »
So I have been trying to buy a new CX-5 for around 2 weeks now...
Have the full funds so no PCP wanted

Everyone and their mother knows you never pay the manufacturers recommend price - it's just a starting point.

Got some quotes from different brokers and, as you do, approached some dealers asking for quotes and when they gave them (frankly ridiculous prices) I tried to haggle and quoted some of the broker prices (without saying where they are from) and some of the dealers flat out refused to haggle, others were down right rude, and a couple did not even bother to reply.

Never known anything like it and anyone would think that they do not want to sell you a car. >:(

Offline Catamong

• Colour: Stormy Blue Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Year: 2014
Re: What is it with Mazda Dealers
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 09:39:14 pm »
Kenny,

Welcome to the World of Mazda ownership, and yes, you're quite right, Mazda Dealers simply won't offer any sort of deal, they've got the market sewn up completely, so if you don't want to pay the full RRP as a cash buyer, you can sod off and get a Qashqui as far as they're concerned... >:(

And don't even bother to ask for a PX quote on a car you want to trade in, you'll be insulted even more....it leaves a pretty bad taste in the mouth... :P

Cat

Offline kenny1462

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Model Grade: SE-L Nav
  • Year: 2016
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:20:37 pm »
Hi Cat

Thanks for your reply.

They have not got the market that sown up as the Qashqui is apparently the most popular SUV in it's class if you believe what all the motoring mags say but then again the press are often wrong.

Plus the discounts are out there if you want to go through a broker (I've got one quote for just over £22,000 for a CX-5 Lux Nav) but it is one of those fleet deals and you have to wait 4 or 5 months to get the V5 (which I am very dubious to do).

It is just how rude some of them are that is getting to me...

Offline BigAl

• Colour: Eternal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: GT Sport
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2021
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 12:03:50 am »
Maybe I was lucky then...

Both mine have been outright purchases by my company. The first one I had from one dealer In early 2012, there was no deal to be done - it was too new a model. The second in 2015 was a different story. I went back to the original and offered them a chance to quote for the same again, taking the old in as PX. I made it clear to them that they had one chance only to quote and that I had to get three quotes for the company. The quote came in, I'd hoped for better but it was OK. A different dealer came back with one that gave £2k discount on the new plus a £2k higher trade in...

Needless to say, they got the business. They've also been head and shoulders above the previous in terms of service and customer care!

Alan

Offline Deeps

• Located 20mins NW of Stuttgart, Germany
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 10:01:59 am »
Must be a UK thing then which doesn't really surprise me in the least as I had the same attitude shown to me when buying a new BMW whilst living in the UK some while back now.  My dealer here in Germany couldn't do enough to oblige when I purchased my CX-5 just over a year ago now, and continues to do so up to this present time.
Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line 2.2D (150PS) 6AT AWD tugging a 2016 Hymer Eriba Troll 542 Caravan (1300kg).

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 10:01:59 am »