General Category > CX-5

Is it just me??

<< < (2/3) > >>

justapoorboy:
Well I got my CX-5 two weeks ago traded up from a merc, What a great car it is got the se-l lux nav (150) 3.5 grand cheaper than the sports and its got all I need now that I have fitted a blue spark tuning box for £200 its now got 188 bhp and more than enough  torques to pull a church down, and 2.7 miles more on a gal of fuel (god is it fast) also must admit that the head lights dipped and main are piss poor after the merc so have now fitted new bulbs (Osram night breaker unlimited) for £52 off of amazon and now I can see where I have been what a difference they are turns night in to day, I am well pleased the car is fantastic and its even in the best colour Stormy Blue Mica. 

Willpower:

--- Quote from: justapoorboy on November 22, 2013, 09:00:50 pm --- (Osram night breaker unlimited) for £52 off of amazon and now I can see where I have been what a difference they are turns night in to day, I am well pleased the car is fantastic and its even in the best colour Stormy Blue Mica.

--- End quote ---

You're looking in the wrong direction.   LOL      Welcome to the forum

justapoorboy:
Hi for all you folks emailing me about headlights I only had the standard lights in my CX-5 and I was able to upgrade mine and I can tell you that it is not easy to change them. Being an advance driving examiner I know that seeing as far as you can in the dark is imperative as that is your stopping distance as in my job I drive a lot of different cars and for me I don`t like the fusion headlight, the bulbs only last about 4 years max and are about £90 a pair for standard lights you can upgrade them but be careful as they will burn hotter the higher you go up the Kelvin and remember the hotter it burns the shorter it will last and the hotter it gets the more it will melt your plastic headlight cover. So for me its simples get the standard lights and upgrade the bulbs they are far better than the xenon fusion at this moment in time maybe in 4-5 years they might catch up? But think before you do this WHAT do you use your car for? if like most car drivers you only follow the car in front then the standard lights which ever they are will  suffice, its only if you drive for yourself would I recommend upgrading.

rmvf:
Hello all looking forward to a another great mazda forum, also on mazda 3 one, I have posed pics in another tab.

Silver Bullet:

--- Quote from: justapoorboy on November 22, 2013, 09:00:50 pm --- its got all I need now that I have fitted a blue spark tuning box for £200 its now got 188 bhp and more than enough  torques to pull a church down, and 2.7 miles more on a gal of fuel (god is it fast)

--- End quote ---

Hi Justapoorboy,  I hope you don't think I'm poking my nose in but, are you sure that the installation of a blue spark tuning box won't invalidate your insurance & / or warranty?  For many years I worked in the field of engine failure diagnostics and, on occasions, had to write expert reports for Court / Arbitration that identified the fitting of non-standard (tuning) parts to a failed engine as the major contributing factor to the engine's demise.  In these cases the insurance underwriter's decided they were not obliged to bear the claim as the drivers of these vehicles had not informed them of the modifications... Likewise, if the engine fails under warranty ( for whatever reason) the manufacturer could argue that the warranty Terms & Conditions had been breached..  If you have not already done so. I would suggest that you ask both your insurer and Mazda UK to confirm in writing that such a device can be installed...   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version