Author Topic: Is it just me??  (Read 24014 times)

Offline jet

• I NEED TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE!!!
Is it just me??
« on: October 23, 2013, 02:09:31 pm »
Hi,

I know that this is a relatively new forum, but no-one has posted other than administrators. Are there any CX-5 owners looking at the forum that can give some feed-back about their vehicles?

I am considering purchasing one so am not in a position to say what the CX-5 is like and of course, have not had one to encounter any problems but it is always interesting to hear if there have been problems and how they have been resolved!

Are the Bi-xenons any good? What does the active lighting actually do?

How long did it take from the time you ordered your CX-5 to actually taking delivery?

Hopefully some more users will start posting in this forum soon!

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Body: SUV
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Engine: 2.0L 165ps
  • Fuel: Petrol
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Transmission: Manual
  • Year: 2015
Re: Is it just me??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 04:21:58 pm »
Congratulations on the first user post. As you say this is a brand new forum with only 3 user members (+ Admin)

We too are hoping that more CX-5 users/owners will be joining us soon. Please be patient, all new forums take some time to get off the starting block.

Offline Scottbrook

• Colour: Soul Red Metallic
  • Model Grade: Sport Nav
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:38:30 pm »
Hi jet, seems like there are just a select few on the forum so far.

Not sure I will be able to help you with any of your queries as I have the petrol version and I assume you will be looking at the diesel like most CX5 owners.
Bought mine in March and only had to wait less then 2 weeks as long as I had black, not my first colour but have grown to like it. Otherwise delivery would have been July/August.

So far I have travelled up to the north of Outer Hebrides (Butt of Lewis) and the South Coast and has proved very comfortable and no problems. It is a relaxed cruiser but there isn't much torque in higher gears so have to use the gears a fair bit to maintain speed on hills and pulling out to overtake. Probably would have been worth spending a bit more for the pulling power of the diesel!
Fuel consumption on long runs has been 43MPG , not bad for a large 2L car, and on one occasion 52MPG over 150 miles at 60MPH travelling on normal roads from Ullapool.

There is plenty of room inside, good sized boot but do object to having to buy a spare wheel. Didn't fancy being stranded in the Hebrides with a shredded tyre with no phone signal and no one else around. Haven't used it yet but............

On the whole a great car but go for diesel.

Good luck in your car hunting , if you go for the CX5 I am sure you will enjoy it!

Offline MPcx5

• Proud owner of a CX-5
  • Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Engine: 2.2L 150ps
  • Fuel: Diesel
  • Model Grade: Sport
  • Year: 2014
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 08:15:48 am »
Hi there,
I've just joined this forum. Looking forward to it growing and discussing everything CX-5  :)
CX-5 2.2D FWD Sport 2014 Crystal White

Offline neeldub

• Administrator
  • Colour: Arctic White
  • Engine: 2.2L 175ps
  • Year: 2013
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 12:12:18 am »
Hi there,
I've just joined this forum. Looking forward to it growing and discussing everything CX-5  :)

hey there.. welcome to our forum. How are you finding your Mazda CX-5 so far.. do post some pictures of it in the gallery section :)

Offline justapoorboy

• Colour: Stormy Blue Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 09:00:50 pm »
Well I got my CX-5 two weeks ago traded up from a merc, What a great car it is got the se-l lux nav (150) 3.5 grand cheaper than the sports and its got all I need now that I have fitted a blue spark tuning box for £200 its now got 188 bhp and more than enough  torques to pull a church down, and 2.7 miles more on a gal of fuel (god is it fast) also must admit that the head lights dipped and main are piss poor after the merc so have now fitted new bulbs (Osram night breaker unlimited) for £52 off of amazon and now I can see where I have been what a difference they are turns night in to day, I am well pleased the car is fantastic and its even in the best colour Stormy Blue Mica. 

Offline Willpower

• East Anglia Mountain Rescue Team
  • Administrator
  • Watching events
  • Colour: Deep Crystal Blue
  • Model Grade: SE-L
  • Year: 2015
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 08:46:37 pm »
(Osram night breaker unlimited) for £52 off of amazon and now I can see where I have been what a difference they are turns night in to day, I am well pleased the car is fantastic and its even in the best colour Stormy Blue Mica.

You're looking in the wrong direction.   LOL      Welcome to the forum

Offline justapoorboy

• Colour: Stormy Blue Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux Nav
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 06:33:47 pm »
Hi for all you folks emailing me about headlights I only had the standard lights in my CX-5 and I was able to upgrade mine and I can tell you that it is not easy to change them. Being an advance driving examiner I know that seeing as far as you can in the dark is imperative as that is your stopping distance as in my job I drive a lot of different cars and for me I don`t like the fusion headlight, the bulbs only last about 4 years max and are about £90 a pair for standard lights you can upgrade them but be careful as they will burn hotter the higher you go up the Kelvin and remember the hotter it burns the shorter it will last and the hotter it gets the more it will melt your plastic headlight cover. So for me its simples get the standard lights and upgrade the bulbs they are far better than the xenon fusion at this moment in time maybe in 4-5 years they might catch up? But think before you do this WHAT do you use your car for? if like most car drivers you only follow the car in front then the standard lights which ever they are will  suffice, its only if you drive for yourself would I recommend upgrading.

Offline rmvf

• Colour: Sonic Silver Metallic
  • Year: 2020
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 09:23:50 am »
Hello all looking forward to a another great mazda forum, also on mazda 3 one, I have posed pics in another tab.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:21:20 pm by rmvf »
2012 sport nav in pearl white
2016 sport nav in sonic silver
2018 sport nav in mica blue
2020 sport nav in sonic silver
2022 sport black in machine grey

Offline Silver Bullet

• What is it with BMW drivers ??
  • Colour: Jet Black Mica
  • Model Grade: SE-Lux
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 03:07:48 pm »
its got all I need now that I have fitted a blue spark tuning box for £200 its now got 188 bhp and more than enough  torques to pull a church down, and 2.7 miles more on a gal of fuel (god is it fast)

Hi Justapoorboy,  I hope you don't think I'm poking my nose in but, are you sure that the installation of a blue spark tuning box won't invalidate your insurance & / or warranty?  For many years I worked in the field of engine failure diagnostics and, on occasions, had to write expert reports for Court / Arbitration that identified the fitting of non-standard (tuning) parts to a failed engine as the major contributing factor to the engine's demise.  In these cases the insurance underwriter's decided they were not obliged to bear the claim as the drivers of these vehicles had not informed them of the modifications... Likewise, if the engine fails under warranty ( for whatever reason) the manufacturer could argue that the warranty Terms & Conditions had been breached..  If you have not already done so. I would suggest that you ask both your insurer and Mazda UK to confirm in writing that such a device can be installed...   :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:37:41 pm by Silver Bullet »

Offline deepeg59

• Colour: Crystal White Pearlescent
  • Year: 2017
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 12:17:58 pm »
Hi all. I'm waiting to take delivery of my new CX5 in June. I was looking for the 150 se-l lux. The only one the dealer could find was one en route by ship. Was told 18 weeks for a factory build. Still can't wait - seems a fine car after several test drives. And if you think fuel consumption is poor try an Alfa 159 2.0 diesel - hopeless!

Mazda CX-5 Forums

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 12:17:58 pm »